1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

people who use bible verse to defend themselves

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by stubbornboy, Jun 1, 2004.

1. stubbornboy

stubbornboy New Member

hi can you give me tips on these people.like when they tell them that they should repent and then your showing them its a sin the reply "he who not sin cast the first stone" or if they feel they are being put down they say "they hate me becasue they hate Him (jesus) first". [​IMG]

2. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

Please tell me more. I think I understand but I am not sure. Are you talking about "non-believers" who tell you "He who does not sin should cast the first stone?" It may be (?) that they are trying to use Scriptures as you say to "defend themselves." Is it possible to build a friendship or a relationship first? Or are you talking about "church goers" who are using bible verses to excuse themselves from witnessing?" Thanks for reading, Mr. Messy

3. stubbornboy

stubbornboy New Member

on people who are non believers

4. Baptistgal

Baptistgal New Member

Perhaps you need to make it clearer that you are not directing the call to repent towards any one particular sin. All of us must repent, regardless of how minor our sin may seem to us.

Remember that to say to people, "Repent!" is not enough of the gospel message for them to really understand. They have to repent and BELIEVE on Jesus for salvation. Perhaps you are directing your comments when you hear them talking about a sinful habit of theirs or sinful lifestyles. Those sinful habits and things are beside the point until the person gets saved. They must see their need for salvation first, then believe on Christ, and then Christ helps them reform their lives after they are saved.

5. stubbornboy

stubbornboy New Member