1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Perfect Bible

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by RaptureReady, Apr 14, 2003.

?
  1. KJB

60.5%
  2. NIV, ASV, NASB, ESV, NKJV

2.6%
  3. All others

36.8%
  4. NONE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

2. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

How can you make such a statement?? Poor people die of starvation,disease,and murder every day;is that your defenition of being preserved??(see Matt 26:11 & John 12:8)Denying the FACT that God is quite able to preserve His words-which we have available today- is the only display of being willfuly ignorant.Psalms 12:6-7 is true! And I have a copy of it in my possesion:the A.V.

3. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

How can you make such a statement?? Poor people die of starvation,disease,and murder every day;is that your defenition of being preserved??(see Matt 26:11 & John 12:8)Denying the FACT that God is quite able to preserve His words-which we have available today- is the only display of being willfuly ignorant.Psalms 12:6-7 is true! And I have a copy of it in my possesion:the A.V. </font>[/QUOTE]The righteous are preserved. It doesn't mean they won't die. Every generation has had a righteous remnant. Just trying to clear things up for ya.

4. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

edited because it was a less then brilliant comment on my part.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Johnv, sure you need the Bible, if you didn't have it, how would you know about Jesus?

The Bible tell you about Jesus. But it is Jesus who saves you, not the Bible.

6. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

Actually, this statement is not true. The KJV is not the only one that reads that way. The NKJV reads just like the KJV here, you really should look at some others before you make such claims. :rolleyes: But I would still take the 'them' to be the righteous, not the words, because of the context of the Psalm.

Neal

7. Haruo

Haruo New Member

Interesting ... the RSV has "us", not "them". I don't find a version using "him".

Haruo

8. Heavenly Thunderings

9. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can you make such a statement??</font>[/QUOTE] Primarily because it is true. The fact that you refuse to accept the original language implications and refuse to even read the KJV in context does not change the facts.
    The original document containing these Hebrew words is long gone as well- Didn't God have the power to miraculously preserve these original documents so that there would be no question about what words were written? If I accepted your narrow view of "preservation" then I would expect the original manuscript to be available for all to see... not 1000's of slightly varying mss and ancient translations.

Your assumptions are simply invalid.

Just because you don't know how to properly interpret this passage doesn't make it mean something different than what it means.

It is statements like the one's you give in this post that make me wonder if you aren't a MV'er playing the fall guy.
    I am not denying that God can do anything that He chooses to do. I am denying your method of boxing Him into preserving His Word the way you dictate... in direct opposition to the way He actually did preserve His Word. It is you that would limit God in a way that contradicts the known evidence of scripture and history.
    JYD, being willfully ignorant means to ignore facts in order to maintain a pre-supposition. I grew up in a KJVO church and only rejected that belief when I honestly and humbly started looking at the facts- willing to swallow my pride and change my beliefs if they were wrong. I am still willing to change my beliefs if convinced by scripture or an honest presentation of evidence that they are incorrect. The KJVO insistence on twisting the meaning of Psalm 12 has further convinced my that KJVOnlyism is a false teaching.
    Yes it is. And I have a copy of it in the KJV that I possess as well. That has nothing to do with proving your interpretation.

Would you rather trust God's words as given through the inspired writer in Hebrew or 17th century Anglican persecuters of Baptists?

I choose what God said- not what you think the KJV translators meant when they ambiguously worded this passage.

10. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Scott, I have asked countless times and will see your question go unanswered as well.

If the KJVO interpretation of Psalm 12:6-7 is correct, where is the Hebrew manuscript upon which it was originally written?

You won't get an answer because their theology is a joke and made up upon ignorance (IMHBAO).

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just reading this thread reminds me anew of the bankruptcy and false premises of the KJVO "theology" and adherents who simply will not deal honestly with the facts.

No use "debating" (as this forum is designed to do) with someone whose mind is so addled. Sad. [​IMG]

12. Refreshed

Refreshed Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, this debate I found quite interesting. Up until a month or two ago, I used to believe Psalm 12:6-7 was talking about preserving the words, but the context speaks of men, and not words. I looked up the passage in the Geneva Bible (I love e-sword), and it reads as follows:

Psa 12:6 The wordes of the Lord are pure wordes, as the siluer, tried in a fornace of earth, fined seuen folde.
    Psa 12:7 Thou wilt keepe them, O Lord: thou wilt preserue him from this generation for euer.

Jason :D

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If this is the case, then what provision did God make for the non-English reading common man to read and understand what God's will is? Is the non-English person hopeless unless he can read the KJV?

14. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

So, what you are saying that the KJV translators were so corrupt that they twisted the meaning to support their own version. How sick. How evil. This is so characteristic of these men. They are vile lovers of money.

In fact, this is exactly where Ruckman gets his stuff. The KJV translators corrected the originals. Now, Ruckman follows suit. I feel sick. Pass the Pepto Bismal, I might be awhile.

15. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I've posted this same question about 12 times now, and have yet to receive an answer. Seeing as how I own a Dutch and German Bible, I'd like to know what makes the KJV "more perfect" than these translations.

16. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

Because the two languages you speak of are NOT the universal language of the end times;English is spoken in all the world.Simple?

17. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's stupid. English ain't spoken in all the world.

18. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Boy, I wish the Brazilians had known that when I was there. They kept on speaking portuguese for some reason. I spent three and a half months speaking to 4 people because the "universal language" was not universal. :rolleyes:

19. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Because the two languages you speak of are NOT the universal language of the end times;English is spoken in all the world.Simple? </font>[/QUOTE]Resolved: Never take seriously KJVO proponents.

Resolved: Determine to not break a rib when I read KJVO arguments.

Resolved: To stop believing that KJVO proponents actually might answer a question directly.

JYD, do you not see how absolutely foolish your statement is? Where in the Bible does it say that English is the language of the end times? How do you know that China will not take over the world one day and force everyone to learn and speak chinese? You don't. I am serious now, I have to read KJVO stuff about 4 times before I come to the realization that they actually say this stuff.

I don't know whether I should laugh or cry. [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member