1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Performance Guidelines for "Lordship" Salvation

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Lou Martuneac, Jun 30, 2008.

1. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

What, and give you the satisfaction of celebrating my absence? NO WAY!!

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I wouldn't celebrate...you can't debate against people you agree with :)

3. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

John Macarthur defines repentance as:

Lou keeps talking about "works" demanded by J. Mac and L.S., yet they state:

Lou stated above that there is some kind of "commitment" to perform good works entailed in J Macs description of the Gospel, yet He states:

and...

Hmmm....

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Um...a change of behavior is works.

5. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Uhh, the JOKES were to lighten the mood. The "alluding to his book driving his motivations", was due to him spamming the same post in multiple threads, multiple times, which mentioned the republication of his book.

In regards to "calling out His character", he referred to L.S. believers on this board as "disingenuous" "Lordship apologists". All of this, while He quotes Macarthur in such a way that it conveys the OPPOSITE of what Macarthur is saying (such as cutting off remarks at the end of a sentence).

In regards to "addressing His position, Lou will not post scripture SUPPORTING his position, instead maligning Macarthur....how should we address it?

6. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Repentance is a change of heart, that results in good works.

You DENY that Christians will do good works?! Can you show me scripture for THAT one?

7. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Hey, I noticed your from Ohio...
    (changing the subject)

You ever visited Parkside Church? (Aleister Begg)

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Behavior is the way one conducts themselves. If "true repentance" entails the way one conducts themselves, that eliminates change of heart solely.
    Christians should do good works...but 1 Peter 2 shows us that new christians are equated as babies. Babies don't do what they should, else they could feed themselves and use a toilet. A Baby will grow to do these things, but it does NOT come immediately after birth. JM and LS is expecting adult behavior from all babies.

9. Lou Martuneac

Lou Martuneac New Member

Matthew 7:1-2

It is likely some of you men that I mean to share this passage and admonition with will react badly and question my motive for posting even this. Nevertheless, I feel as though I owe you the admonition of Jesus to those who call into question the motives of another.
    J. Vernon McGee made an interesting comment on this passage that I think some of you might benefit from. McGee wrote,

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not yet...it's on my list of local churches I would like to visit. I listen to Begg on WCRF locally, he's solid (except that little calvinism thingy :))