1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Perserverance

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Winman, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

1 Timothy 5:1a Do not sharply rebuke an older man, but rather appeal to him as a father NASB

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    correct. now you have no escape from suffering...LOL

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gershom Brother.....do we get to list our ages now? What your trying to say is that respect should be honored. It should.

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Once more: We are not in Jesus' mouth.

5. preacher4truth

freeatlast you've never answered to whom He was speaking. For obvious reasons.

Playing dumb when I asked if we are in His mouth doesn't help your cause either.

That's why I won't engage with you. You avoid.

6. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

I am 45. A young man. :smilewinkgrin:

7. preacher4truth

To refuse dialogue with a sower of discord is Biblical. Hence, I cut off Robert Snow. No matter his age.

There was no sharp rebuke. And the authority to do what I have done is Scriptural. 1 Timothy 4. :) And more.

Get in the Word. All of it.

When a brother acts as he did, that is a biblical response.

Go learn to rightly divide the Word. Age doesn't exempt ANYONE from being able to talk as he does, and escape biblical avoidance.

:thumbsup:

#107 preacher4truth, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2011
  8. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I repeat, this Scripture, DOES NOT refer to eternal salvation. The Lord is speaking to His local body in that region, His earthly corporate body, who have strayed away from Him. He is not dealing with individuals. A church, then, now, anywhere, anytime, can be immensely wealthy because of its members, and yet very spiritually poor because it has shut out of its doors the true source of true wealth.
    A church can appear to be happy and vibrant to its own eyes and to those within and outside who look at it and see the outside, yet it is wretched in the eyes of Him it calls Lord and Master.
    The knock at the door is a call for this church to repent and return to its true Owner and its spiritual roots.
    It is not a knock on the individual's heart.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Robert....this isnt a tennis match we are talking about here & Reformed Believers aren't a cult.

Im sorry Robert...I should have been addressing Winman.

#109 Earth Wind and Fire, Jan 15, 2011
  10. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

It's fine to cut him off, but you did not treat him as you should have according to 1 Timothy 5:1. Your response was not biblical, friend.

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Once more I don't see your logic by the statement. The verse is an analogy showing that when a lost person plays church it makes the Lord sick and He will not retain them.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why your a kid

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I did answer. I have answered everything I am asked. I might miss something but I am not sidestepping anything. You are not engaging because you are long out of ammunition and now shooting blanks. :laugh:

14. preacher4truth

Not at all.

You get my analogy perfectly. This is not about a lost person.

My last response to you concerning this. You will not see the truth or context.

15. preacher4truth

He won't get it. It's a waste of time. He's degenerated to insolent behavior already.

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Tell me then if these people are saved and not living as the Lord wants, what is the threat? Are they going to lose their salvation? What exactly is he going to do with them?

17. preacher4truth

Why would I explain that to you when you can't get the context of 3:20 down? Every bit of help I extend to you, you refuse.

Was He talking to the churches, or to lost people? Since to a church, why misapply 3:20 as you do?

You make 3:20 stand on its own, out of context, to be used as an invitation to be saved, when in fact, these are already saved, since they are the church. With your interpretation, then, they are the church, and need to be saved yet again. So with that, you believe in loss of salvation?

What was He telling them to do, where they had fallen, and why did HE invite the church, and say He was knocking on their door?

Read the entire passage and perhaps you'll stop taking Scriptures out of context as you frequently do.

#117 preacher4truth, Jan 15, 2011
  18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You are actually incorrect. He was speaking to the pastor of the church to warn those in the church. Chain of command you know. he was letting them know that this church was not His and he would spue them out if they did not get right. By the way he did. That church historically died. it is also a picture of the church today.
    You can answer my questions now, but i think you know you are wrong and the answers would make no sense

19. preacher4truth

Uh...lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can use this for sermon material for an example of eisegesis and misinterpretation.

Now it was a false church. :rolleyes: He was speaking to their pastor? Yet He said let the "churches" hear what the Spirit says to them.

What was the pastors name? :laugh:

He was going to spue them out, of what, His mouth? The church is in his mouth, or in His hand?

You're a theological mess. I had a professor in college who had a saying for those, as you, who continually misinterpret Scriptures.

20. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I am always glad to be of help with sermon material to a struggling preacher. I just hate to help you isogete a passage as you are doing instead of exegete one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.