1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

personal vendettas

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by EdSutton, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any evidence produced to support the Byzantine texts' superiority is immediately shot down and labeled as pure conjecture. What nature of evidence are you specifically looking for?

2. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

Here is why, because those who hold to a Byzantine superiority only do so when they feel it supports their version.

Example: The KJVO will scream to high heaven about the "accepted" greek text, yet since the comma is not found in this "accepted" greek line, the "accepted" Byzantine line is corrupted.

Consistency, that is all the evidence "I" want. I would like for someone to simply be honest when they disagree with me. Then, I can respect them. The reason why I find myself unable to respect a dishonest person. One who says "Byzantine are the traditional texts" but rejects them when he pleases.

I do not claim that the Alexandrian texts are immaculate, but I at least make an effort to hold a position that isnt self-contradictory, then attempt to force that self contradictory stance onto others.

Still, no one can explain WHY (reason for the hope they have) they hold up the Byzantine text as THE TEXT, yet still reserve the right to reject it when they please.

What nature of evidence do you have to support the assertation that the Alexandrian Manuscripts are corrupt?

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Lets keep on topic here - this is what happens, so many threads turn out going back to the same topic.

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My frustration becomes manifest when I see the same ole party-line arguments I've seen for nearly 25 years, arguments that were proven wrong shortly after they were first made. That tells me that the current vocal KJVOs are mere koppie-katzz who haven't really studied the issues. They've had few new basic arguments in all that time, except against a new version. And I believe I'm perfectly within my rights to ask them to provide SCRIPTURAL BACKING for their arguments. After all, the KJV and several other versions, old and new, "peacefully co-existed" until the MODERN KJVO MYTH came along. I won't deny that there have been KJVOs since 1611, but only in OUR day have there been any significant number of them, and only in our day has there been the media power available for them to broadcast their doctrines to a large number of people. And they almost all follow the Wilkinson-Ray-Ruckman-Fuller party line that came into being after 1930.

It's not just an argument to boost one's ego...it's about the very source of our knowledge of God...HIS WORD to all mankind. We have a duty as Christians to fight any false doctrines about God & His word whenever/wherever we find them. KNOWING the KJVO myth(and every other One-Version myth) has no merit, I am being remiss in my duty if I just sit back silently while these Onlyists diss every other version of God's word that's not their pet choice. What if one's only available Bible is the NIV or some other version they blast? What if their criticism destroys someone's belief in the only version available to this person? The aim of people like me is to promote READING & HEEDING one's Bible, whatever version(s) each person has available....and to counter the false doctrines men have made about God's word, such as the KJVO myth.

In summary...I get a little red every time I see someone spreading that same ole bunk to the unsuspecting public. Fortunately, most Christians are able to see through the smokescreen and know "it's only make-believe" when it comes to One-Version-only doctrines. However, it takes people like me to help those who swallow the bait.

5. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So as to not hijack this thread, I will answer any questions as honestly and forthrightly as I possibly can. Feel free to start another thread and post a link to it here.

Keep in mind, I am a Pastor and my priorities are God, family, church, then BaptistBoard.com comes somewhere after. I may not be able to respond as quickly as some.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Threads which refer to others beliefs as "bunk", and "make beleive" are not going to remain open.

If you, from either side), need a platform to carry out an agenda, please find that platform elsewhere.

The forum is to discuss Bible versions and translations.

Roger
    C4K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.