1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Personality Tests

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m not really a big prevaor of this, but rather curious as to accuracy and how they spin this to make money. There is a test on here that will label you if you so desire ( my opinion: it’s all nonsense).:Coffee

Type Descriptions

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    People do exhibit various personality traits and perspectives, but how useful it is to categorize based on such tests may be debatable. There seems to be tacit admission that all the categories apply to everyone to some degree. This might give even more meaning to the following amusing excerpt from the historical nonsense mentioned on the site.

“Gurdjieff did reveal to advanced students what he called their chief feature. The chief feature is the lynchpin of a person's ego structure—the basic characteristic that defines them. Gurdjieff generally used colorful language to describe a person's chief feature, often using the Sufi tradition of telling the person what kind of idiot they were. People could be round idiots, square idiots, subjective hopeless idiots, squirming idiots, and so forth.”

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely

4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you just one personality?... There are many times in various situation that I may fit many... I'm not just pigeon holed into just one... Then there is growth... Been there done that... Then there is change... Would I act now the same way I acted then?... There are so many variables and circumstances and never forget environment... So a test may say we are one thing when in actuality we are a composite of all... Those are my thoughts... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently this test and scoring is supposed to factor in a personality complexities in conjunction with your core personality. There are things that surprised me like my core suggests that some people in my type lost a parent or parents and were forced to grow up fast and take on family responsibilities at an early age. Bingo, lost my pop at age 12. Here is something .... Trump fits into my personality type :eek: :Laugh

6. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aren't you lucky Steve maybe you can hit him up for a few bucks...:D Take heart Steve, Pam found out from a reliable authentic source that she was related to Obama, in fact she was his third cousin... That one surprised the her whole family, and it turns out it was from the white side not the black and its so complex I don't want to go into it maybe later... I look at that test again and see where I fit in... Brother Glen:)

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Attached is a test

Enneagram Tests (free)

8. wordsmyth

wordsmyth New Member

There are no doubt some flim-flam tests available out on the market, but the well known, researched and validated instruments present accurate data about personality.

Where is a link to the so-called test that is mentioned as available on this board?

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look above

10. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not doubting the resemblance, but are they claiming Trump took their test and gave permission to share?

11. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What in the world is a 'prevaor"? Is that your personality type? I'd say you're neologistic.

12. wordsmyth

wordsmyth New Member

Okay. I missed that on the first reading.

Reading over the Ennegram thing reminds me of looking at a horoscope. People who are easily influenced by suggestion see themselves in it, and interpret life through it.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a large pool of weak-minded people who are desperately looking to any and every source they can find to understand their self and life.

The gospel of salvation notwithstanding, isn't that what the Bible provides for us?

That said, I do think the MBTI, CPI, Strong Inventory and some others provide "snapshots" or views of personality that are helpful in general terms.

The problems arise when people move from a general appreciation type as a tool, to stereotyping and pigeonholing others into boxes or categories like cats or sweaters. We've all done it, and we've all been subjected to it.

Back to the basic question, there are tests that are well researched and that hold validity. The area of psychology you want to look into is called psychometry, or if you prefer, psychometrics.

13. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    In other words they can tell you where you land on the psycho meter?

14. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or cacographic. I think he meant "purveyor," but given his type, it may mean he has stock in the company. More on that later.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes & I agree with you....however it does not stop corporations, government agencies & churches from promoting it as a way of pidgin holing their constituents. Now if you are aware of them you can most likely play with them to get the type of results the said agencies are looking for, right.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ha Ha Ha.....exactly!

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea & I cant spell either, not that I care .....That is your personality type bleeding through...that it bothers you so. Would you like to go into depth on that one?

#17 Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a good idea actually. I will have to look into it. Is it as profitable as being a pastor and/or a politician?

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My wife is related to Mickey Rooney (Joseph Yule) from Scotland & the Muellers (Miller Brewing company). Big deal, I never got a 6 pack from Miller nor did we get an invite to Hollywood. LOL

20. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    “Well, let me say this about that.” I noticed a comment of yours in another thread regarding this. It opens up all kinds of possibilities, especially that those of us taking these tests can become useful idiots to those compiling the results. Knowing our personalities and thus how we are likely to react, they can more easily manipulate us. Combining data from our online comments, shopping tendencies, surfing practices, etc.….