1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PETA & the SBC...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by CarpentersApprentice, Jul 1, 2008.

1. CarpentersApprentice

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

I am an unabased animal lover.

Dogs, cats, horses, deer, etc etc etc. There are lots of deer hunters around here, and although I do not think there is anything immoral or sinful about deer hunting...either for food or for the "sport" of it...but I personally could not pull the trigger while looking through the scope at that beautiful animal.

When I hear stories of people being cruel to animals it gets my blood boiling big time. Of course its not in the same league as baby extermination (abortion), but it is exceedingly immoral.

I think the protestant/evangelical church is woefully amiss in our almost complete disregard for this topic.

Having said all of that, let me say that...although the PETA folks do SOME good...they many times are complete loonies and crazies. They actually have been known to crusade against the use of mice for cancer research.

That is just "off the charts" crazy. Even an animal lover like myself realises that their are limits.

I would recommend that people who love animals as I do would send a check every once in a while the ASPCA organisation. (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)

They do great work...without going of into "la la land" like Peta sometimes does.

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer

Regarding your question, I personally cant recall ever hearing a Baptist pastor advocating a vegetarian diet. We of course know that God sanctioned the eating of meat in both the old and new testament, and I think there is a reason why God caused meat...beef, chicken, etc...to taste so good. :thumbs:

:godisgood: