1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philadelphia Biblical University

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by GODSMAN02, Jul 15, 2002.

1. GODSMAN02

GODSMAN02 New Member

I will be attending PBU in January.I will be enrolled in the Advanced Program.Has anyone ever been here or thru this program?Im really looking forward to it b ut am a little nervous about the work load.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never heard of it. Can you provide a link? Or some positions it takes so that we can get a feel for it?

Is this a new school? Affiliation?

Knew Philadelphia College of the Bible had a good reputation over the years. Probably would consider work there if I lived in the area and was desiring christian college.

3. GODSMAN02

GODSMAN02 New Member

Mr Griffin,

Thank you for responding.Philadelphia Biblical Univ.(PBU) is not a new school.They just renamed it Philadelphia college of Bible.My pastor has sent several ministers to this school so he recommended it to me.The link for the College is as follows Philadelphia Biblical University I hope to hear from you again

4. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

If with the name change, they have not changed, it should be a good school. They used to have alot of good people there teaching, Charles Ryrie used to do some part time teaching there and some of the Friends of Israel folks also.

5. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

Hey! I live about 15 minutes from PBU, my parents are both alumni, and my sister will start her sophmore year with winter.

Yes, it is the same as the old PCB. The name changed, they've shed some of the more legalistic rules, but the teaching is still the same.

Godsman, don't worry too much about the workload. My sister worked security, drove a shuttle bus, was on the fellowship committe thing(I forget the actual name of it), and she still made the Dean's list here first semester. Then she had a science... [​IMG]

Seriously, just work hard and trust God. From what I've heard, you'll learn more there then you thought ever existed, so enjoy!! You'll have to stop by our church sometime. :D

God bless,
    ~JD

P.S. Try to get Oliff. I got to sit in his class once, he ROCKS. He uses the Matrix and Star Wars as lesson illustrations. [​IMG]