1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pick this person's baptist affiliation

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Gina B, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure. He/she could call self a "baptist" and be very confused. Not fit the typical distinctives of a baptist, for certain.

Man, when I got saved someone asked me if I believed in the virgin birth of Christ. I said "Sure" but didn't even know what a virgin was!

We can be saved and believe an "odd-lot" of things. It would be sad, however, for this person to call self a baptist.

Salvation is by

2. Tim too

Tim too New Member

Everyone seems up in arms about this person's apparent contradictions. It is funny to me how contradictory the typical Baptist is. [​IMG]

Here is an example.

1. Believes that God wants everyone to be saved (Arminian), but believes that there is no way a person could ever lose their salvation (Calvinist).

2. Judge Moore and every other high profile Christian speaker are admired and most of what they say is taken at face value no matter how much they seem to contradict each other or the Bible.

3. Believes that the prime directive for Baptist is to GO evangelize the world, but in reality has led few if any to Jesus.

4. Believes that we are to be in the world but not of it, yet has no problem with looking like and sounding like everyone else throughout the week and now on Sunday too.

5. Believes that Catholics, Lutherans, Methodists, and every other denomination is wrong and a cult but cannot biblically tell why.

6. Says that Baptist are "people of the Book" yet rarely reads the Book.

In the love of Christ,
    Tim