1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Picture downloads opening in odd program

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by TomVols, Oct 5, 2006.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I have friends that send me and my wife emails that have these cutsie pictures. you know the types. A cat and dog lying next to each other...a picture of Jesus in a tomato, etc.

Suddenly on my wife's computer, these open up in PowerPoint as opposed to the windows when opened or downloaded. How do I change that back?

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Tom,

In Windows, right click on the file in Explorer and select "Open With". Then select "Other Program" from the pop up menu. There will be a list to choose the program and a check box that says "Always use the selected program to open this type of file". Check that box and hit "OK". Done.

3. davidgunter

davidgunter New Member

I've seen a lot that were sent as presentations(slideshows) not individual pictures.

4. Magnetic Poles

Good point. Be sure the files aren't ending in .pps or .ppt. These are slides from Powerpoint that can contain embedded photos.

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Does this work with pictures sent attached to emails?

6. Magnetic Poles

You have to fix the file association and then it will. Just save one to your hard drive, or select one already there; then do the procedure I outlined. Then you should be good.