1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Place of Rest.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alex2165, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Alex2165

Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Place of Rest.

Daniel 12.13
    13."But as for you, go your way to the end, then you will enter into rest and rise again, for your allotted portion at the end of the age."

"inter into rest" also mentioned and in other places of the Bible but have a slightly different meaning.

Psalm 95.1
    11."Therefore, I swore in My anger, truly they shall not enter into My rest."

Hebrews 3.11.18
    11."As I swore in My wrath, 'They shall not enter My rest.
    18.And to whom did He swear that they should not enter His rest."

GOD in His anger swore that this particular generation of Hebrews who constantly disobeyed Him in the desert will not enter His rest, which means the land of Canaan.

Why GOD called the land of Canaan His rest? Because GOD already decided to establish His permanent presence in Jerusalem, on Mount Zion, on the side of the future Temple in which He will dwell forever.

The word "REST" under this context means physical dwelling, place of settlement, permanent home.

Hebrews 4.4-5.9-10
    4.He has thus said somewhere concerning the Seventh Day, "And GOD rested on the Seventh Day from all His works," (Genesis 2.2)

5.and again in this passage, "They shall not enter My Rest." (Hebrews 3.11.18, 4.3-6.9-11)

9.There remains a Sabbath rest for the people of GOD.

10.The one who has entered His Rest, has himself also rested from his works, as GOD did from His.

Concerning Sabbath Rest, it is a Spiritual Rest in the Spiritual residence of GOD sometimes called as Heaven, Kingdom of GOD, and Paradise. So one physical Rest of GOD located on Earth, in the land of Canaan, on Mount Zion, in Jerusalem's Temple.

The other rest is the Spiritual Rest of GOD located in Heaven, in His Kingdom - His Paradise.

The words that GOD told Daniel "you will enter the REST" directly pointed to the Spiritual Rest in the Spiritual Kingdom of GOD.

Under this circumstance it is now not about Sabbath Rest and does not relate to it, but directly relate to Daniel's death and his place in GOD'S Rest with GOD, means in His Paradise.

Daniel will be in the rest of GOD until he will be resurrected with others in immortal human physical body and will receive as it mentioned above, his allotted portion at the end of the age.

Under word portion probably means certain reward, it could be in status, rank, certain position, some power, joining in status holy men of GOD, and so on.