1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Plame Outed by Husband, Joe Wilson!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Bir
    Thank you, so why am I not being paid the big bucks [​IMG] , since I do not listen to either one. Here’s the deal if you read the indictment, (which sounds like you have not) a person can decipher the factual information. Perhaps why Limbaugh and Hannity are saying the very same thing. ;)

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Way over the top for an attorney. There was no law broken because the law dealt with covert agents.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another one:

http://john-batchelor.redstate.org/story/2005/11/6/235210/851

WEST POINT RALLIES AGANST WILSON
    By: John Batchelor · Section: Diaries

WEST POINT RALLIES AGAINST WILSON.
    Lt. General Tom McInerney, USAF (ret), West Point '59, will join his colleague Maj. General Paul Vallely, USA (ret), West Point '61 , on my show Monday 7 November (1005 pm Eastern Time on ABC Radio Network) to repeat and expand upon Vallely's memory that Joe Wilson more than once in 2002 in the green room at Fox New Channel in Washington D.C. boasted about his wife the "CIA desk officer." McInerney has the same memory and more, since both he and Vallely were on FNC between 150 and 200 times in 2002 each.

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Do you think there is only one law concerning agents?

5. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

I think there is the letter of the law, and there is the spirit of the law. If Wilson openly told everyone who would listen his wife was a cia agent and then goes and makes a partison issue out of the so called leak, then I think it is safe to dimiss him as a political hack on the payroll of the democratic party.

6. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Uh-huh, that is what the White House is hoping.

If it were so commonly known, why did the White House go to the trouble of outing her?

7. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

They did not out her and no one has said the did including the special counsel.

Where have you been Daisy the last few days. I have missed you. [​IMG]

8. Daisy

Daisy New Member

John Arnato has posted a schedule of Wilson's and Vallely's appearances on Fox News here (linkie). Does either Wilson or Vallely make a habit of hanging out in Fox's green room when he is NOT scheduled to appear (because they evidently didn't appear on the same day in 2002)? Perhaps Arnato is mistaken - what month, week, day does Vallely claim Wilson told him in the green room?

I've heard/read nothing but Libby outted Plame although that is not what he was indicted on.

Or do you consider Libby not to have been part of the White House?

Back at 'cha [​IMG]

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would have been kind of hard to indict Libby for releasing her employment with the CIA when Blabbermouth Joe Wilson had been sharing it, apparently, with anyone who would listen, including two very credible retired generals who have no reason to lie.

It is at least possible that Wilson himself so weakened the case against Libby that Fitzgerald found it impossible to indict Libby for outing a covert agent. Her husband had already made sure her status was not "covert".

General Vallely is willing to testify under oath. Something Joe Wilson has not done concerning this issue or the trip to Niger.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John Arnato has posted a schedule of Wilson's and Vallely's appearances on Fox News here (linkie). Does either Wilson or Vallely make a habit of hanging out in Fox's green room when he is NOT scheduled to appear (because they evidently didn't appear on the same day in 2002)? Perhaps Arnato is mistaken - what month, week, day does Vallely claim Wilson told him in the green room?

</font>[/QUOTE]I don't know myself, but Wilson seems to think they met in the green room.

In Wilson's email to his attorney (inadvertantly sent to Vallely and Fox) dated 11-5-2005 at 5:11 PM, Wilson stated:

“This is slanderous. I never appeared on tv before at least July 2002 and only saw him maybe twice in the green room at Fox."

11. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

"I've heard/read nothing but Libby outted Plame although that is not what he was indicted on."----------------------------------------------------

You simply can't out someone who is outed already. Besides, it has been repeatedly pointed out that she probably does not meet the legal definition for a covert agent according to the law that would have to be used to indict anyone for outing.

Libby was most likely trying to avoid putting fuel on the political fires by being dishonest. Given the attempted push on this issue during the election, I sympathize with him.

He was checking into her Job status becasue the White House was trying to figure out how a democratic operative like Wilson was sent on such a sensitive mission that he clearly used for political purposes. I compeltely understand what the white house was trying to do.

12. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Interesting that your comments are virtually in lockstep with both Sean and Rush, especially when you claim that you do not listen to either one....

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have. It is readily available.

A point worth noting is that you didn't address my question to you........

I have my own theories as to why that is the case.

Regards,
    BiR

13. Baptist in Richmond

Are you sure about that?

That's funny: that is not the impression I got from the indictment....

14. Baptist in Richmond

Source

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you sure about that?

That's funny: that is not the impression I got from the indictment....
    </font>[/QUOTE]That's the impression I got from the lack of an indictment for doing so.

16. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Thank you Bir for the compliment, I guess I should start my own show. :D
    A point worth noting…Sorry, I find inconsiderate to sidetrack a thread. [​IMG] Perhaps you could start your own thread concerning your topic of choice if you truly want to discuss it.

What impression did you get? Are we not reading the same indictment???

17. Baptist in Richmond

Nah, there is an abundance of supply with respect to the conservative talk show format.

Not exactly: I was inquiring as to whether or not you felt the same way when former President Clinton was indicted. I didn't ask you to go off topic, I simply asked a direct question. If you do not feel compelled to give a direct answer to that direct question, then that is your right.

I sure did: in fact, in my reply to carpro, I even supplied a link to the text of the indictment, didn't I?

Regards,
    BiR

18. Baptist in Richmond

Apparently, you missed my question.

Are you sure about that?</font>[/QUOTE]Are you sure that this is all that happened? Didn't the despicable Bob Novak then go further and reveal the company for which she worked, revealing her cover?

That is not what was stated in the indictment......

19. Enoch

Enoch New Member

This thread is not about Clinton or Hutchison. ;) Whether your question is direct or not.

Please feel free to use the indictment to quote your conclusion.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

</font>[/QUOTE]I don't know myself, but Wilson seems to think they met in the green room.

In Wilson's email to his attorney (inadvertantly sent to Vallely and Fox) dated 11-5-2005 at 5:11 PM, Wilson stated:

“This is slanderous. I never appeared on tv before at least July 2002 and only saw him maybe twice in the green room at Fox."
    </font>[/QUOTE]An FOX say this:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0%2C2933%2C175227%2C00.html

This as liberal Websites say they have proof Vallely is lying, saying research service LexisNexis shows Vallely and Wilson never appeared on FOX on the same day. But in fact, Vallely and Wilson appeared on the same day nine times in 2002, and on the same show twice — on September 8 and September 12, when both men appeared within 15 minutes of one another

Looks like Vallely, Wilson and Fox have basically the same story.

LexisNexis is odd source out. ;)