1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

plan B vending machine

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by mont974x4, Jan 30, 2013.

1. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

The accessibility of emergency contraception on college campuses has sparked recent debate.

Shippensburg University, in Pennsylvania, has been at the center of the controversy. Inside a student health center, it put a vending machine that sells the Plan B contraceptive -- commonly called "the morning-after pill." The machine also sells condoms and pregnancy tests.

Plan B is legal to buy without a prescription for those 17 and older and is sold at most pharmacies.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/...college-campus-vending-machine/#ixzz2JWGu8ts8

I'm sure glad it's easier for those responsible young adults to get plan B pills and condoms than it is for me, and irresponsible middle aged father of 4, to get some cold medicine.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

(love the comment on cold medicine!)

I can't believe that the fact that these women are having at-risk relationships now easily avoid a doctor altogether. A doctor who just might be able to counsel them and save their lives. Add in the fact that this medication just might cause a death - with no guidance whatsoever (not to mention the issues with a possible fertilized egg) just makes it absolutely unbelievably irresponsible. But what else would we expect from the world?