1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

playing LOTTO is it Ok????

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Aug 11, 2006.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Some might say:
    My whole life is a gamble.
    Every time I get on a plane--(might be a terrorist)
    Every time I walk out the door--might get hit by a drunk driver.
    Every time I take another breathe--I could have a heart attack any time.
    Do I gamble with my diet? with my exercise program (er, the lack of it)?
    Do I gamble with my lack of spirituality when I know that someday I will stand before God and give account for all that I do (or don't do) while on this earth.
    Perhaps life itself is a gamble.
    Or, is my life in the hands of Jesus, and do I recognize his providence in all things: from the lotterty to discipline in prayer.
    That doesn't excuse my ungodly behaviour in trying "to get something for nothing," (strict definition of gambling), for the Bible says that if a man work not neither should he eat. If it is my desrie, my gamble, my aim in life to live on something that I never worked for, never deserved, and have continued to waste the Lord's money on then I have sinned, both in my actions and in my intentions.
    DHK

2. billwald

billwald New Member

George Washington was quoted as saying that the lottery is a voluntary tax. I volunteer $3/week.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

:laugh: :wavey: :thumbs: :applause:

4. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: The lottery: An institution designed for the swindling of the foolish by predatory government.