1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Playoffs?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, Jan 4, 2008.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Remember Jim Mora's "Playoffs?" soundbite a few years ago? That's how, in your mind, you should hear the title of this thread. Here's a link to the soundbite for your listening pleasure.

Anyway, how about some predictions for the playoffs? Here are mine for the Wild Card round, in order of the game.

Seattle over Washington - Can you really go with Todd Collins playing at Seattle in a playoff game? I can't.

Pittsburgh over Jacksonville - When everybody picks one team, it's time to think about going in the exact opposite direction.

Tampa Bay over New York - As was so eloquently pointed out in something I heard yesterday, the time to determine whether a team is good is not in week 17, but in the weeks preceding week 17. This is the same Giants team that got killed by Minnesota. I think the Giants got lucky to play in the least intimidating stadium of all the playoff teams, but that only means we'll see the Eli Manning Face in the 3rd quarter instead of the 2nd.

San Diego over Tennessee - While it's difficult to pick a Norv Turner team to win anything, and I'm still annoyed with Phil Rivers killing my fantasy team, the Chargers are better than the Titans.

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Washington - never pick against my 'skins :laugh:

Jacksonville - the steelers have died these last few weeks

Tampa Bay - As much as I dislike Gruden, I think Garcia will be the difference

San Diego - Tenn just isn't ready and Young is hurt

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Seattle beats Washington
    Pittsburgh beats Jacksonville
    New York trumps Tampa Bay
    and San Diego, just cuz I like them, over Tennessee.

4. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

The AFC Championship, once again, will be the Real Super Bowl (just like it was in the early 90's with the NFC). It will be the Colts v. Pats. Colts win 27-24. (Boy, do I hope.)

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Seattle over Washington. Collins just isn't a good QB and the Seahawks will show it.

Giants over Tampa. I am not really sure why, just what I see happening. Eli finds a way to win and the Giants defense plays well.

Jacksonville over Pittsburgh. I think Del Rio has a solid team here and will show it this week.

SD over Tennessee. Too much LT, and the SD defense is playing really well.

6. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

You were 4 for 4. So was I. I realize I didn't post on this thread, but my picks can be independently verified on our NFL spread picks pool. It hasn't updated yet, but it will show the two of us at 4-0. We tied for 1st on the whole site! I'm anxious to see how many people went 4-0.

7. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was 2 and 2.. :BangHead: all my teams are now out of it... so I guess I'll have to become a front runner and pull for the patriots.

Green Bay over Seattle
    New England over Jacksonville
    Indianapolis over San diego
    Dallas beats the Giants

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Green Bay, New England, Indy and Dallas are my picks as well. I think the most suspect of those 4 picks is the Dallas one. A few weeks ago, I thought Dallas was pretty much unstoppable in the NFC. But, I don't think that anymore and actually have Green Bay (*cough gag*) in the Super Bowl, in spite of the likelihood that the NFC Championship Game will be played at Dallas.

9. PastorSBC1303

Yeah I finally had a pretty good week with my predictions.

I am not sure yet on my picks for this next week, I still need to think about some things. I am leaning right now to the Giants knocking off Dallas, but not ready to make that prediction yet.

10. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

The cowboys will win if TO is healthy and can make an impact - I look for Garrett to call a good game and Romo to execute it. The worry is that they clinched to early and have not played with desperation. The line should be healthy, and the D is good.

NY is without Shockey, but the new RB gives them a bit of thunder and lightening - I predict a good game with the Boys winning.

Green bay should beat Seattle, that one will be fun with Holmgren going back to GB.

both AFC games have the prospect of upset, but I think that INdy and NE get by.

11. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

By the way, I read in the paper this week that TO has his own trainers and hyperbaric chamber (dont know if I am even close to the correct spelling). He also supposedly heals fast. He has not been around valley ranch this past week, Wade wants him to be at practice this week we will see. He did get a shoe on and was running at the end of last week - long way from playing in a live game with those giants taking shots at his high ankle sprain however.

12. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

TO did not practice today (monday)

13. PastorSBC1303

Green Bay over Seattle

NY Giants over Dallas

Indy over SD

NE over Jacksonville

14. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Packers over Seahawks
    Giants over Dallas (cuz I canĀ“t stand those media darlings)
    Chargers over Colts
    Pats over Jags

15. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I think both NFC teams are prone to upset. In fact, I'll go out on a limb and say the Seahawks and Giants win this week. If TO is able to play at 75% or above, then I reserve the right to change my pick to Dallas. :)

In the AFC, the Colts and Pats will win, although a Charger upset over Indy would not surprise me too much. What is the status on Marvin Harrison?

16. PastorSBC1303

I almost picked this as well. But I figure the home field with temps in the 20s and snow flurries will tip things towards Green Bay. But I would LOVE to be wrong about that. Anytime Green Bay loses it is a great thing :)

17. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

pckers, cowboys

NE, San diego

I wanted to pick the seahawks (even though they ripped off the aggies for that 12th man thing) - but they are a horrible road team.

I think san diego will play some smash mouth football, sack manning 5 times and intercept him two. LT will play a good game - and san diego will play keep away from Indy

Everyone praises the giants road schedule, but other than the dallas loss who did they play - a bunch of zeros. I do think the game goes to the 4th quarter, the dallas D will make a huge play down the strectch to preserve the win- without TO in the lineup

18. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Packers over Seahawks - The Seahawks are one of the unbalanced teams left because Shaun Alexander is washed up. Since unbalanced teams usually lose, I'm going with the Packers.

Patriots over Jaguars - I think the game will be close. But, in the 4th quarter, one defense will shut down the other offense and that defense won't be the Jaguars.

Colts over Chargers - Norv. Do we need any other reason?

Giants over Cowboys - I don't see all 4 favorites winning, but I don't see any of the other 3 favorites losing, so this is the pick.

19. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

As a Longhorn it is obvious I know all there is to know abot football, wait basketball, no um maybe it is underwater basket weaving:thumbs: Anyway here is how this weekend will go.

Jags over Pats - As much as I hate this because I do like the Patriots

The NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS over that minor league team in Dallas - Is it obvious I am a giants fan!

Green Bay over Seattle - This pick does make me itch a little.

Indy over the chargers -

Super bowl Prediction - Giants over Indy :praying: - How is that for a wild prediction!

Chuck2336

20. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Chuck

The dirt in my area is MAROON - Gigem Whoop and go COWBOYS!