1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please don't tell me again...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jul 25, 2008.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Very well worded.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Hi, Roger! Thanks!
    :wavey:

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

That is what makes a Christian nation...

I would agree that we do not have a Christian nation today, but the freedoms we DO still have are because of our founding fathers.

We are the ones who sat idly by and watched our Christian freedoms stripped away. It is too late to get them back now, but God knows what He is doing.

As long as we are murdering babies and more and more of the states are 'turning' gay, we will not have a Christian nation.

For [in] those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.
    Mar 13:19

( bold mine)

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

What are "Christian freedoms"?

On thing that I find so disturbing with american Christianity is that most evangelical americans believe that there american rights are some how God granted rights in the sense that they are His promised right to each person. Yet we do not see that in Scritpture whatsoever. The Bill of Rights is good- but it is not Scripture. God never used it to reveal Himself to sinners.

Instead of lamenting that America is not as "Christian" as it used to be let us just busy ourselves with declaring the Gospel for the Sake of His name. The only true Christian nation is the Kingdom of God. May God increase the citizenship of His nation with people from every tribe tounge and nation.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This country was founded on Biblical principles. Anything we do should be based on the same. This is a fact and it is precious to a great many of us. We will both fight against and lament over any move away from that. Those who have problems with that only have themselves to deal with.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thou shalt not kill: The right to life.
    Thou shalt not steal: The right to property.
    Thou shalt not covet: The right to liberty.

Shall I go on?

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

how about seperation of church and state = no prayer in school, not bible class, or talk of the real God? One of our great 'christian' founds beleived in this kind of seperation.
    No prayer in school= nothing new under the sun.

8. queenbee

queenbee Member

AMEN! Reminds me of a situation that happened some years ago at work. A co-worker (who happened to be Christian) and I spent nearly 1/2 an hour in a raging debate with a fellow co-worker who insisted that because she was brought up in a Protestant household and believed in God, she was automatically a Christian. What she and many others of course, fail to understand is exactly as PL suggests; religious beliefs and a personal relationship with Jesus are two different things. This was a difficult concept for her to understand. Being Protestant, RC, Bahai, Muslim or any other religion that believes in God are roads to understanding God, but only a personal relationship with Jesus will get you the privilege of sitting at the mercy seat.

9. I Am Blessed 24

Seperation of church and state was to protect the church from the state...not the other way around.

It simply means that the state will keep it's nose out of the church's business.

Sadly, they have not done that and look at the messes it has caused.

IMHO, this is NOT what our founding fathers had in mind.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

So let me get this straight. It is your position that Bahai and Moslem religions are roads to understanding the God or a god?

11. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Well, in other discussions on this subject, many here have argued (and I paraphrase) "Heck no America is not a Christian nation! It doesn't say so in the Constitution!"

12. queenbee

queenbee Member

Yes, I believe other religions can understand 'the' God - i.e., have a nodding aquaintance/knowledge of God. I don't believe other religions understand the concept/importance of redemption and intimacy through Jesus to restore us to God's grace. How wonderful that we Christians have been blessed with that.

Having had conversations with others from other faiths, many of these folks openly admit that God exists or are very receptive to the idea. Who am I to judge them for their upbringing or understanding of God. I can only do my best to witness as to why my Jesus is so unique and what sets Him apart from all the 'little' gods of the world.

13. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

That is probably fairly accurate. On the other hand, when posters occasionally say that America was founded by Christians for Christians, or something similar, eveyone trots out the 'It doesn't say so in the Constitution' argument to beat them back into silence.

14. I Am Blessed 24

No silence for me. :)

The reason we settled here was to get away from a state-run church and worship God freely. Those are our founding fathers. Of course, some would say they were not Christian, but I'm not one of those.

I'd venture to say there were more Christians than not.

IMO, the reason God was not mentioned in the constitution was because they did not want to mix the state and church, having just left something similar to that.

They wanted to make sure the state had nothing to do with the running of the church. Remember 'separation of church and state' was to protect the church...not the state.

The church has a place in government. The government has no place in our churches...

#34 I Am Blessed 24, Jul 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2008
  15. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Good for you! ;)