1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please explain

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by vermae, Apr 19, 2006.

1. mima

mima New Member

Ever have a church offer to ordain you? This happened to me after people that I had prayed with, on the street or at a festival, are some other place, begin to show up in the churches roundabout. Several churches have asked me to direct the people I pray with to their church. I find this all very interesting. I always wonder if they're more interested in members than in soulwinning.

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I believe in a calling mima;
    Seems to me that church wouldn't know a whole lot about you to offer to ordain you. I feel ordaining a minister that Heaven has to be involved for if you not ordained of God with a Holy calling I don't think you would really be one of His preachers. I agree they probably were looking for members and a preacher. [​IMG]
    No, I haven't had anyone offer to ordain me except my church and then had to prove myself for a year in the pulpit.