1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

please help the dak has a trojan

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by massdak, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a sub-Christian attitude! :rolleyes:

If you want to rid yourself of viruses and such, you shouldn't use Windows. Windows is so full of security holes they can't patch it fast enough.

2. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

i have more problems with my PC, neither dell or AOL has been able to help.
    when i am online i am prompted to connect or stay offline for every new page that i access. i am online yet my web viewing is offline until i choose connect each time. i have tried to fix internet explorer with no avail.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Now that must be annoying. I assume you've gone into Tools/ Internet Options/ Connections and have Dial Whenever an internet connection is not present checked. (Under settings, I have Automatically detect settings checked.)

Let me think....
    Diane

4. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

i have been on the phone with aol and dell for that problem they had me holding for over an hour. i have cable connection. i believe that my explorer internet files are still damaged. xp is more troublesome then it should be. between pop ups and all this other mess it has been discuraging. do you think i am being tested or going through a trial? maybe when i am done with all of this i will have more patience.

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Dr. Dak, it could be something simple like noise on your cable line causing your modem to not realize it's connected. I've had a lot of trouble with Bellsouth. Brand new subdivision with copper wire instead of optic (fiber) cable and here we are just 35 miles from downtown Atlanta. Noise on my phone line will cause all sorts of glitches.

CLICK HERE FOR WINDOWS XP HELP

[​IMG]

Virtual Doctor has a section for Windows XP (which I have and find to be NO trouble compared to Windows 98!) They also have a section for Trojan worms and viruses. I can't tell you how many times they helped me repair the computer that finally bit the dust last fall.

Diane

p.s. I'm putting this down here so I won't attract the hoodoo voodoo's that are poking needles in your harddrive. It's the liberals. No doubt about it. They're everywhere! Beware!

[​IMG]
    5 Chained Angry Liberals!

6. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

thanks diane, this weekend if i get time i am going to reinstall internet explorer, and hope that will help, i tryed a self repair but it only worked for a short time. but do not worry i will not let those liberal bugs put me out of action, i will continue to seek out and warn Christians of liberal error.

7. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

this cannot be true, another trojan has attacked today called a "stubby A" what ever that is.
    a virus detection has found it and not much info is available for this. i really do think that some hateful liberal is attacking my computer.
    any info on this type of trojan and removal would be helpful. my detection claims it is healed yet i am not really sure yet.

8. AllenLim

AllenLim New Member

massdak,

Besides antivirus software, can I suggest you download and install a simple firewall program? One of the better ones available free is zonealarm.

http://www.zonealarm.com/

While this is not a full proof solution to preventing trojans, it does add an additional layer of protection between your computer and the internet.

Actually, given how much we can do through the internet, and how much personal information we store on the PCs, installing a basic firewall becomes quite essential.

9. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

thank you i downloaded that, as long as it keeps out liberal hackers and virus's