1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please help. What does this mean?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Gina B, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I have to interview someone, and part of what I'm supposed to discuss with this guy is "service organization commitments".

Maybe I'm just having a duh moment right now, but I'm sending him a list of questions via email to answer before the interview, and I need to question him about these service organization commitments in this list of questions.

Hard to do if I don't know what the phrase means! Can someone help me out here?

2. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

G -- I think they are referring to organizations like Kiwanis, Rotary, Habitat, etc. and their respective time commitments to these organizations. Since I don't know the job to which you are interviewing, it is impossible to determine if these are good things or bad things. Normally though, these are seen as positives, as long as they don't take time (or too much of it) away from the job. Due to EEOC concerns, I would stay away from any reference to religious organizations. Hope this help. FOS

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thanks! I'm not being interviewed, I'm interviewing someone else. (I have a client who operates an advertising agency, and he has me write about his clients and their businesses and contributions to their community)

The question was answered for me on another board, but your answer helped to clarify it even more and will help me formulate the appropriate questions, which aren't going to need nearly as big of words as that silly phrase implied! LOL!

I didn't know what a service organization was, or that it was even a term. The closest I got was thinking that he wanted me to talk to the guy about how many people he had on his schedule that he needed to provide services for. ROFL I feel dumb...