1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please pray for me

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by 350z, Mar 1, 2009.

1. 350z

350z New Member

please pray for me and if you can help in any way i will appreciate the comments i started seeing this girl. Ive known her for about a year i always go to eat where she works and we always joke and flirt. So we have been going out for about a week now and she is really nice. The only bad thing is she is not christian and doesnt live like one not that i always act like one, i know i still sin. She has not had the best home life. When i try to talk to her about my faith she says God has never done anything for her. She doesnt really want to go to church with me either. But we love spending time together i just dont know if i can have a relationship with somebody who is not christian because i love God. Sorry for the long post i just need your pray and any advice. Thank you

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Welcome to the BB and you can be sure that you have my prayers.

Now as it goes with dating someone that is not of the faith, I'd say don't. However, friendship is always good. If you have feelings for this girl things will work out if you are willing to accept God's will and not the will of the flesh.

3. Carolina Baptist

Carolina Baptist Active Member

I don't think you will like most of the advice that you will get.

Relationships can be a challange even when you are in agreement on the important things. If you disagree on the most important part of you life, you will have to make some compromises in you Christian walk. That's never God's plan.

If you become "unequally yolked" with someone who is not a Christian, you will find a struggle whenever you seek to do God's will. Two yolked together are supposed to be a team with a common purpose. An unbeliever will pull you away from the direction that God has for you.

She sounds antagonistic toward our Lord. Be careful that you don't allow Satan to use her to pull you astray.

4. 350z

350z New Member

Yes i sure i already know what everyone will say and i know that is she doesnt change that the relationship wont last. But i think she is completely taken with me and wants to hang out all the time. I talked to her tonight about God and church and she asked me why God took her grandmother away at only 60 i didnt have a good answer for her. Just please pray that Gods will is done whatever that may be.

5. 350z

350z New Member

And thanks for the welcome :wavey:

6. Carolina Baptist

Carolina Baptist Active Member

She has some dificult issues. Maybe you have an opportunity to show her what true faith is.

I'm praying for you brother. Wisdom and Spiritual protection. :praying:

7. 350z

350z New Member

thanks everybody and yeah she has alot of issues and has been in some bad relationships. Maybe God has a plan though maybe she will start going to church with me. But i know how hard it is for people to change nearly impossible but i still believe in miracles. I wished i knew what to say to her but im not the type thats is good with words. Thanks everybody

8. 350z

350z New Member

It strange i pray every nght for Gods will to be done so did God bring us together to give her a chance to find him. Or did i mess up Gods plan when i asked her out i truly like her and she likes me but my faith is to much a part of me. With out it i am nothing.

9. Beth

Beth New Member

Scriptures

Brother, your answer is really very simple. God makes His answer plain in Scriptures.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
    15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
    16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
    18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
    1 ΒΆ Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

If you obey the Lord in this, who knows how He will bless you? Perhaps this girl will seek the Lord on her own, once she sees that you are a Christian man who not only talks the talk but walks the walk!! Perhaps the Lord will bless you with her as a wife, after she is converted, OR He has an absolutely wonderful mate waiting just for you, after you obey Him???

You can never go wrong by following what the Lord advises in His Word....trust Him and see how He will work all things out for you!!!

Your sis in Christ,
    Beth

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just be a friend. You have a good opportunity to be a strong wtiness to her. Maybe later something mroe could happen. However, if you find yourself struggling to deal with appropriate boundries then walk away. God Bless.

11. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God didn't take her...sin took her. Sin is responsible for disease, death, and all the ugly stuff. God offers us eternal hope.

My first marriage, I married a non-Christian, and I always regretted it. I thought I could change him, I thought I could influence him....he changed me and I lived out of God's will for over 20 years. He is dead now, and he is burning in a lake of fire...It makes me sad, he was the father of my children, but He never would accept Christ.

Don't do it.

12. 350z

350z New Member

So what about Esther and King Ahasuerus they were not of the same faith yet because they were brought together alot of people were saved. My mom also said that when her and my dad first married my dad wasnt a christian and now after almost 30 years of marriage he is a christian. If my mom hadnt of married him because he wasnt a believer then i would not be here now trying to tell my girlfriend about God. I dont know i just dont like giving up im hard headed and just hoping that she see's Christs love through me.

13. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

PTL that you have Christians parents and we pray that your girlfriend will accept the Lord as Her personal Savior.

14. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

15. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying::praying:

16. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: for you, 350z.
    Praying that you are seeking the Lord's perfect will for your life
    and praying that this special person will want to become a follower of the Lord.

17. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: that the Lord will
    show what is best for your
    life.