1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

please pray for me

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by thomas15, Jan 8, 2011.

1. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you in advance. I have a closed tibula/fibula fracture left leg distal. I'm a volunteer EMT and slipped on the ice while loading a patient into the truck friday eventing. I'm in much pain but have received many calls of encouragement from my EMS and Fire service friends. My church is at a retreat this weekend and praying for me. My main concerns is two things, one I will not know until early in the week what the course of treatment will be and two, I'm having a tough time keeping my spirits high. I don't want to burden anyone, family friends or even people on this board but I can't help being anxious and low of spirit.

Over the Christmas week I passed a kidney stone. I have been a pain to my family for too long now. I know there is power in prayer, much prayer, much power. I ask for your prayer. My family is very supportive and living and my employer is great. I really have much to be thankful for but still I cannot shake this feeling of unhappiness. Thanks.

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Praying for you Thomas!

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Praying Thomas!

4. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Praying for you Thomas :praying:

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I hate being at that place. You are in my prayers.

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thomas I didn't know about your situation until a few moments ago. I will remember you before the Lord.

7. WooHoo

WooHoo New Member

Thomas, I will certainly pray for you, that your leg heals properly and soon.

Even though I am newly converted, I know that even if you feel that you are burdening your family or friends, you will never over burden our Lord with your pain, fears and feelings. He is with you to bring you comfort and peace.

I will remember you in my prayers tonight. God bless

8. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    thank you for your prayers and support. I'm going in on Thursday to have the repairs, it will be at least 4 pins and a plate with screws. The procedure will be at St. Luke's in Allentown PA at around 12:30 This is basically the worse case situation but I'm sure the Lord will see me through it. I will let everyone know the outcome

Again, thanks
    Tom

9. Carolina Baptist

Carolina Baptist Active Member

Brother,
    I have been through the injury (knee) and the surgery. I have felt the physical pain and the pain of discouragment.
    I have and will pray for you that God will strengthen you and uplift you in such a way that you will know that it is the work of our Lord.

10. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    update

It is now 2 1/2 weeks since I have had the surgery. I had a plate with 5 screws and a pin put into the fibula and 2 screws in the tibula. Last thursday I had the staples removed and a hard cast put on. I've been off the pain meds for a week and a half and yet my biggest problem is the GI slowdown associated with these medications.

Tomarrow I'm going to work for a partial day. I cannot place any weight on my leg for at least another 6 weeks probably longer. Trying very hard to keep my attitude positive. Thank you for your prayers and support.

Tom

11. tommie

tommie New Member

praying for full recovery soon. Praying for all to go well.

12. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

I was wondering about you. That whole being still thing is totally for the birds! Not something I do easily either.

Prayers for your continued recovery.

13. God's Rainbowgal

God's Rainbowgal New Member

Sorry this is Late

As the saying goes better late then never.
    Sorry I just returned back to BB.

I hope and pray to our Dear Lord and Savior that all is well with you now Thomas.:praying:
    I sort of know what you were going through when you said you didn't want to be a pain to anyone. I'm like that at times too.

But know that is probably when God wants us to be close to "family" most because they would be most likely to be of help to you and probably know you best.

But even if not know that you have "family here" in BB members because
    God gives abundantly I can tell.:godisgood:

Dear Lord

I pray that all that you will take care of that is troubling to Thomas
    if you haven't already.
    Always remind him that you are there even if others are not.

Please pick up his Spirit in any way that will benefit him most.
    Please heal his leg completely so that he will be able to do his job again and safely at that.

This I ask and for anything more that he may need.
    In Jesus name:praying: Amen