1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please Pray for Todd Bentey and his Wife, going through seperation...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Aug 13, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

This is an email I rec'd by God TV, although I dont agree with his methods of BAM and all.... I hope that he doesnt get a divorce. I pray and hope that God really ministers to him through this.

THIS IS THE EMAIL!!

Dear One,

It is with great regret that we as Founders and our Board call you to urgent prayer.

As you may have already heard, Todd and Shonnah Bentley are experiencing some current marital difficulties and have separated.

GOD TV is anxious that our viewers and partners will first of all respond to these unfortunate circumstances with an attitude of Christ-like maturity and pray fervently for Todd, Shonnah and their children as a family who are precious to the Lord. While we have learned today that immorality was not an issue, no doubt the enemy has exploited vulnerabilities in their marriage.

What the devil has not counted on is the Christ-like maturity and intercession that is currently being raised up all across the earth in response. We hope you will join us as a part of this prayer covering.

It is GOD TV's position that marriage is a foundational cornerstone to those families called to ministry and would believe that those who have spiritual oversight for Todd and Shonnah's ministry will recommend a time of sabbatical for the family in order to seek reconciliation within their marriage should these reports be accurate.

As many of you know, August 8th was our final 'Lakeland' broadcast. We do however, believe that it is important to recognize and defend the authenticity of this outpouring by the testimonies of the countless thousands who viewed on GOD TV or attended at Lakeland and were healed, set free and delivered through Jesus Christ. There are many churches around the UK, USA and the world who are currently holding nightly revival meetings affecting whole communities.

Once again at this time may we encourage all to pray for the family and soberly remember that all of us will be required to give account to the Lord for our lives. It is our earnest prayer that Todd and Shonnah will be fully reconciled.

Rory & Wendy Alec
    and the Board of GOD TV

2. Goldie

Goldie New Member

I'm sorry to say this, but God won't minister to Todd Bentley until he repents of his satanic ministry (what he's been spewing out for the past few months is nothing but New Age religion, which has it's roots in the occult). Todd Bentley and his wife have apparently been in marriage counselling for the past 4 years, so it's nothing new.

People must realize that if they want to "play" with the devil, he'll not only rip your marriage apart, but he'll wreck your entire life, and God will allow him to do it, because you're not doing His will.

I've been praying for Todd though - that God have mercy on him and that his soul is saved.

Sometimes, uhfortuantely, people need to be brought down to their knees in order for their souls to be saved. Like the Book of Corinthians states, you hand their bodies over to Satan to be disciplined in order for their souls to be saved.

And as far as TBN and GodTV are concerned - I won't touch them with a barge pole and a health inspector at the other end. My personal opinion of them is that they're nothing but a nest of vipers, their Latter Rain/Dominion beliefs (you will notice "Joel's Army" on Todd's website), prosperity gospel, taking scripture out of context, false healings, new age WOF rhetoric, unscriptural stance, etc leaves much to be desired. They can easily be compared to the Laodicean church where Jesus is standing on the outside, knocking at the door to come in. So yes, there is still hope, even for them - which shows the Lord's great love, mercy and compassion.

#2 Goldie, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2008
  3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I pretty much agree with Goldie on this.

Todd Bentley needs to repent of what he did and taught in Lakeland (happens to be my mother's hometown and where I spent many holidays and some summers with my grandparents) and his false doctrine, calling on angels, etc. It is very sad about his marriage but I think it's possibly a result of his "ministry." God does not get pastors to hit people or punch them in the stomach, or say the things he said.

There's a lot more wrong with TB than his marriage being in trouble.

4. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Yeah.... Marcia, question? So you were in Lakeland while he was there ministering. What were peoples general thoughts of him in that town? I am only a few hours away. Yeah, I agree... I dont like those videos of him kicking people, bamming others and stuff... that is crazy. I hope he repents! :praying:

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's probably because Todd has another woman in his life... Emma :)

If anything, all he has to do is command God to have Emma bring him a new one... :rolleyes:

#5 webdog, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2008
  6. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

hey..I love the signature!

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

:laugh: I thought you would :D

8. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

off topic, but exactly why did the Baptist Church need to be reformed?

In XC
    -

9. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

After seeing and hearing this guy tell his audience that God told him to kick people in the face and such, I'd say divorce is the least of his troubles.

10. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I know.. but we should still pray that God does his mighty work on Todd. I dont agree with all the BAM BAM!!! he does.... surely dont.. but I am still praying that God is able to open up his eyes, so that he can see the truth. I hope his marriage is good too...

11. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

No, I haven't been to Lakeland in about 20 years! My grandparents died years ago, and my mother is dead. No reason to go there anymore - I think an elderly 2nd cousin or two might be there, but that's it.

TB's problem is not just hitting people but the whole package - buildng people into a frenzy which puts them in an altered state, calling on angels, claiming that he visited heaven or Jesus (can't recall which), claiming he could heal (I don't think he could and nothing was every verified with data), and other such things. I can't really think of one thing about TB that was good.