1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please pray for us in West Virginia

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by abcgrad94, Jan 12, 2014.

1. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nine counties in WV are under a water ban due to a big chemical leak into our river that provides our drinking water. Those affected cannot use the water to cook, drink, bathe, or even do laundry or wash hands. As you can imagine, this is a huge disruption and very costly for everyone. And yes, my family is affected. FEMA has given out bottled drinking water so we are staying hydrated. Schools, restuarants, etc. are closed for now.

Please pray for all involved that we will be safe and that this won't last long.

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

WV is in my prayers!

3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for praying. Today makes day 7 for us not to have usable water. We're making do with bottled stuff.

The water ban has been lifted in many zones and the MSM is reporting that the water problem is fixed. This is not true. Even in the "good" zones, people are still reporting colored, smelly water that is making them sick. We are smelling the chemical in the air, in the river, and in our homes. It is making us nauseous and giving us terrible headaches. They might SAY the water is fine, but in the next breath tell the pregnant women not to drink it.

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm praying.

Do you know exactly what the chemical is?

5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is day 15 of contaminated water. We're still using bottled water for our needs. A few days ago we found out a second chemical was mixed in with the first. Officials are trying to convince us the water is safe, but we all know better and nobody will drink it. Just the smell of the stuff makes people sick.

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I was reading that. A chemical used for...fracking. Go figure. Figured that tie would end up somewhere in there. Spidey senses were tingling...