1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please pray for us.

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Wherever You Go, May 11, 2013.

1. Wherever You Go

Wherever You Go New Member

Please pray for my family and me. I recently started a new business, believing this was what God wanted me to do. I enjoy the business, and have found it a good way to reach out to people I don't know and witness and/or be an encouragement to them.

As is often the case with starting up a business, it is an uphill grind. There are many things to deal with, including, a little less cash flow than I anticipated, and a hard time keeping up with taxes and paperwork.

We had planned for months to go on a trip to my parents in Kentucky this week, and we are planning to leave tomorrow after church. We also are planning to go to the home school conference in Nashville after. All told, we will be gone about a week. My wife had planned this and paid for the conference and lodging months ago.

I'm just concerned that missing a week of work will be very rough for the business and that we are just scraping by. Please pray that the jobs I have tentatively scheduled for when we get back will still be there waiting for me and that they will go well, and that I will sell a good bit of product when I return. My heart is in my mouth on this one.

Also please pray for my parents, who are heart-broken by three of their six children's public rejection of Christ. I will be seeing two of my siblings this week, and they definitely need prayer. To have been raised in a Christian home, and to grow to maturity and state that they reject Christ and the Bible is a terrible thing.

Pray that we will be a blessing to my parents and siblings, and all those we come in contact with. That we will represent Christ humbly and boldly to those we meet.

Thank you for praying.

2. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Praying

Bro.Jim....I believe with all my heart that if you honor the Lord in your dealings with your family and honor your parents that God will take care of you and your business. It sounds like you have sought to do that which honors Him. He will take care of you and yours. I will be praying for you and your family. Have a safe and blessed trip. Maybe we can get better acquainted with each other after you get all of that behind you. God Bless You.

Bro.Greg:saint:

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You are in my prayers.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My husband started his own business years ago - and two weeks after he finished working at his job and went full time in the business, I lost my job. Needless to say it was a scary time but a lot of great things came out of it.

I will be praying for blessing in your business - but even more so, blessing on your vacation! May it be a time of renewal and rest!

5. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

We will be holding you up in our prayers with these praying saints!:praying:

6. Wherever You Go

Wherever You Go New Member

Thank you. We had some scary times the last month or so, but things are really looking up now. Thank you for praying, everyone. Keep it up if you think of it. I'm out of the hole but still climbing the hill.

Our trip went well, and amazingly, when we blew out a tire 100 miles from my parents' house on a Sunday night, we managed to make it all the way to my parents' house on the original, 24-year-old donut spare tire!