1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please pray

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, May 7, 2020.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A family friend recently obtained a job in Florida (previously from Eastern Pa). Today he is boarding a jet to take him to Ohio where he will visit his wife who is in hospital suffering stage 4 cancer. This guy is not expecting her to survive before he gets there... very sad. This family has suffered and I would like to request your prayers for them

Thank you

• Prayers Prayers x 3
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prayers.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How are things with your friend?

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for asking... well the wife passed and the family is in shock. This will take time. I appreciate your concern. The husband was a news anchor for a local station in Moosic/Scranton PA station. My wife worked with him to expose animal abuse insistence’s (she got him the information and he would put it on the air)... very effective and it saved a lot of animals from abuse. This news anchor also exposed corruption in the PA court and jail system called ‘Cash for Kids’ for which he was well known.

#5 Earth Wind and Fire, May 12, 2020
    Last edited: May 12, 2020
  6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am so sorry to hear this. Condolences to all. Having gone through the loss of my wife 24 days ago after ten months of struggling to recover from stomach surgery, I know what he is going through. May God give him the comfort and strength he needs to adjust to this new situation.

• Prayers Prayers x 4
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh I did not know about your wife... I’m truly sorry to hear that. May God provide you comfort and peace.

You are in my prayers.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you. I had a rather rough 9 days emotionally but got to feeling a lot better finally. Now I deal with it when something stirs up sadness in me. Like this past Sunday I had a rather bummer of a day emotionally, which I think was going to my church’s drive-in service(which I was glad to attend), but doing so without my wife. She had been in various hospitals and skilled nursing facilities for ten months so my routine at home has not changed after her death so that did make things somewhat easier. And the facility was in lockdown since the middle of March so visiting her was not even a part of my routine. God has helped me to weather the worst of the storm and I feel like I am starting to build some momentum in moving forward. I pray He will help your friend to do so as well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I recall my time on May 9-10 when I spent time with my mom who was at home with my brothers family in PA. She had pancreatic cancer and in much pain. Only the home hospice system at the time did not have the pain killer drug for that evening so she was in agony that night into the morning... and that robbed her of the strength to fight. I stayed at her bedside the whole night and in the morning she passed. So on Sunday the 10th, the day she died and Mother’s Day, I was kinda sad. But my wife of 32 years is here and just this year was given word she would survive her own fight from cancer. So brother, I am very sensitive to others fights. If you need to communicate, I’m here... just reach out!