1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please Read and let me know if I responded correctly?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Apr 22, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Fellow Members, I have a young sister in Christ who has a young baby. She recently gave her life to Christ and is having struggles because she feels like she is not saved sometimes. I honestly tried to answer her in the best way, I hope I did ok, thats why I wanted to share with you guys. Sorry, if I messed up!!! :wavey: Let me know!!????

Maria,

You have no idea, how much I know where you are coming from. In my early years as a Christian I used to beat myself up. It’s all part of the growing pains as a baby Christian and then maturing to a grown up in the spiritual aspect of things… & believe me I am still growing :laugh:

I want to provide you a few things that will help:
    1.We are not saved by works, we are saved by grace through Christ.

2.When Jesus said “It Is Finished” on that cross, that meant it is finished. He already paid the price for your sins. There is nothing you can do to improve that.

3.He died on that cross, willingly because he loved you. No one took his life; he gave it up for us. He is the living God who knew of you even before you were born. He was thinking of you on that Cross.

When you gave birth to your son Gabriel? Didn’t it hurt? You suffered, bleed and went through so much. No one forced you to have Gabriel; you did it voluntarily, even when some probably told you about abortions. Once you gave birth, in your mind you must have also thought, “I am finished”

It’s the same thing with Christ!! He made us in Genesis, and then died for his creation at the cross. No one took his life; he gave it up for us!!

Now, think about this as a parent.

Is there anything at all that Gabriel can do that you wouldn’t forgive? NOPE

Can Gabriel do anything in life that will make you love him more than you already do? NOPE

As parents of course we will instruct our kids and hope that they make wise choices but at times they will make mistakes but no matter how many times they come back saying: “Mommy, I love you, I am sorry”
    You will receive him 10,000,000,000,000 times if necessary, Why? because you love him without any conditions, without any prejudice, you love Gabriel and you will anything to have him back in your arms.

Maria,

The devil loves to make you doubt your approval unto God, the Devil loves to remind you of your past when God has already forgiven it, the Devil want you to feel like you are not doing enough, but remember point #1: We are not saved by works but by Grace. God already paid the price for your salvation.

Of course, at times we will feel bad when we sin and that’s a good thing. That’s the holy spirit convicting you and telling you to come to the father and talk to him and repent. It’s about having a personal relationship with our Father in heaven. Talk to him, tell him your doubts, concerns or issues and I guarantee he will answer.

It’s just like if your son gets a bad grade at school, will he stop being your son? NOPE

Why not? Because when you gave birth to that baby, you sheed blood, tears and flesh for him.

Same with Christ!!! When he hung on that tree, he did it thinking of you. When you and I accepted Jesus as our personal savior and repented we became his son or daughter. As a son or daughter of Christ, our Father will mold us little by little, and we just have to enjoy the process. At times we won’t like the molding but just like you know what’s best for your son, God knows what’s best for his son’s. His ways are higher than our ways and that’s why I love Jesus so much.

It is finished!!! Jesus said on that Cross. It is finished!!!

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Looks great to me! :) Good work.

3. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Good job Tali.

Sometimes doubt is not the opposite of faith, it is part of faith. Just the fact that someone is actually doubting their faith often speaks volumes about their faith. In other words, do nonbelievers walk around thinking, "what if I'm really not saved?" Nope -- nonbelievers don't worry about such things. God's best to you as you minister to your hermana.

4. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

Looks very helpful and encouraging to me :)

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

You did good, Tali. You might also tell her to pray like the man in the Bible who had doubts (Bold is mine).

And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

6. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Thanks brothers and sisters!!!!!:wavey: :godisgood: