1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

please write bosma and urge him to fight the aclu

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by freedom's cause, Dec 1, 2005.

1. freedom's cause

freedom's cause New Member

Indiana General Assembly House of Representatives
    NEWS STATEMENT
    Indiana House Republican Caucus
    Room 401-6, Statehouse
    Indianapolis, IN 46204 Contact: Tony Samuel
    (317) 232-9887 or 1-800-382-9841
    e-mail: [email protected]

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Note: Today Judge David S. Hamilton of U.S. Federal Court (Southern District of Indiana) ruled that the name of Jesus Christ cannot be spoken during prayers opening sessions of the Indiana House of Representatives. The lawsuit was brought by the Indiana Civil Liberties Union (ICLU) naming Speaker of the House Brian C. Bosma as the defendant.

Statement from Speaker Brian C. Bosma

"I am shocked and dismayed by the Court's decision today. I find the Court's unprecedented decision disturbing in that it directs me, as Speaker, to advise people that they are prohibited from using "Christ's name or title or any other denominational appeal" when offering the invocation in the Indiana House of Representatives. It is intolerable that a court in this free society would ask a person to censure the prayer they offer in the tradition of their faith. The prayers that have been offered in the Indiana House of Representatives have represented many faiths of both our members and our citizens. The prayers that have been offered have not attempted to proselytize, advance or disparage any faith or belief. In my years of service in the Indiana General Assembly, I have always appreciated the diversity and sincerity with which the invited clerics and members have led us in the invocation. The ruling today forbids invited ministers and members to continue to exercise their right to free speech and pray in the tradition of their faith."

For more information or to schedule a time to discuss the matter with Speaker Bosma, please contact Tony Samuel at [email protected] or (317) 232-9887.

2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me tell you, Freedom' Cause, Brian Bosma has been around for a long time. I like him better than I like the Governor, who does not seem to be able to be trusted on anything and cannot seem to control his tongue. What's more, I think that Bosma will fight to save our free speech.