1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Plucked as a brand from the fire

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by brand, Jul 6, 2009.

1. brand

brand New Member

Hello everyone,

I live in Rockville, MD, just north of Washington, DC, briefly known for the sniper that shot people all around the beltway. We were also the HQ for McGruff the anti crime dog, "Take a bite out of crime."

I've been around too long. My family tore me away from Texas when I was 14. But I love the Chesapeake, the Potomac, the Catoctin mountains, I'm home here.

I'd be more at home in heaven, where Jesus makes all things right. I've got no dramatic history, yet, to me I've got too much history. I've got nothing like David's history, yet I cling to the hope that David, Uriah, and Jonathan (and perhaps even Saul) are shoulder to shoulder in heaven. Only by the blood of Christ could anything like this be.

My wife and I adopted two retarded daughters 25 years ago, and we're still a family. One has the mind of a 3 to 4 year old and talks a blue streak. The other, the mind of less than a two year old, but she can walk, just not talk.

Obviously my wife's a living saint. God has been good to us. She just earned a doctorate in Education this year, teaches educational psychology online for one university and Bible online for another university, and teaches kindergarten at a Christian school here in Rockville.

Thank you to those who have already graciously welcomed me.

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome to the board. Blessings to you and your family.

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Welcome aboard!! :wavey:

4. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Welcome to the Baptist Board. You and your wife obviously have a lot more patience than I do to take on the responsibility of those two girls.

I have a daughter (aged 38) who had meningitis when she was 5 months, and she ended up with minor brain damage. I can only imagine what it can be like with two girls who will probably never mature past the age of toddlers.

I once had a young man of 20 living with me for 3 months who was between the ages 0f 4-8 mentally, and he definitely tried my patience (or lack thereof).

5. BaptistBob

BaptistBob New Member

Welcome. I'm also looking forward to new Management.

6. brand

brand New Member

Thanks SaggyWoman, ktn4eg, Jon-Marc, BaptistBob, for all your gracious welcomes.

I'm rather inept at this Bulletin board stuff (and slow).

Even though you're being honest about the patience, Jon-Marc, I bet you wouldn't trade the time spent for the whole world.

I've taught a Sunday School class for retarded adults for 30 years now. Things like "bringing the baby Jesus gold, frankenstein, and myrrh."

7. Blessed lady

Blessed lady New Member

GOD BLESS YOU AND WELCOME!!! i AM NEW MYSELF.:wavey::love2: