1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pocono Notes

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, Aug 3, 2008.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I don't have the kind of full report I usually do. Since I didn't take any notes, I didn't pay attention to the race as close as I normally do. I'll try to remember a few things about the race.

The race itself was good, I guess. I missed about 60 laps or so from a really nice nap, but it seemed like there was some pretty decent racing.

Dale Jarrett has quickly become the 2nd best analyst behind Kyle Petty. DJ may surpass Kyle by the time the season is over.

Rusty Wallace is pretty good in his current role. If he doesn't feel like he has to talk all the time, he's much better. I did catch early on when Rusty went on and on about something that Jarrett said, "The race has restarted" and ESPN just barely caught them crossing the S/F line. Subtle little comment that Rusty was talking too much. Nicely done by DJ. That's the kind of thing his father would do in the same situation.

Brad Daugherty is completely worthless as a Nascar analyst. I saw a little bit of pre-race and he was talking about how the drivers are "up on the wheel", his favorite phrase from the Fox team, and how they never relax at Pocono. Thanks for that worthless insight, Brad, but they don't relax at any track.

Did anybody else notice that neither Andy Petree, nor Dale Jarrett, actually said anything to Brad? They did talk to Rusty and ask him things, but they didn't talk to Brad at all. I'm just going to assume that they think he has nothing of value to add. I'm thinking of starting a firebraddaugherty.com website.

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I remember another thing I wanted to mention.

If you're like me (heaven help you if you are), you listen to sports radio most of the day. And, like me, you're sick of the story about the NFL quarterback. I figured I wouldn't hear that name today, but I was wrong. I like Jerry Punch, but I really wanted to punch him in the face for mentioning that name. Give it a rest. We don't need to hear his name on a Nascar broadcast and I don't care to hear anybody's opinion on what he should do.

I could not be more sick of the story than I currently am.

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

cc are to talking about bret..... na cant do it to you. But amen on the I'm sick of all the talk about him. I TIVO pardon the interuption every day - and SKIP right through the BF talk. I avoid it all as much as possible - sorry you were not able to avoid it on the nascar broadcast!

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Jimmy, you Tivo PTI?

Wow, that's disappoint... wait, let me check something. Ok, that's the show with Wilbon and Kornheiser, which is Ok. I had it mixed up with Around the Horn with Jay Mariotti and Bill Plaschke and other dou... ahem... other bad sportswriters. Sorry for the mixup. Carry on.

5. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

My wife TIVOs oprah - I have to do something to get the testoterone going around the house! I can get through an episode in about 10 min, only watching what interests me - but I have to admit Wilbon and Kornheiser make me laugh.

Around the horn gives me serious tired head

6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I watched Around the Horn once. Once.

It gives me the urge to shoot my TV.

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

You are correct about DJ and are stealing my line. I think DJ is becoming Ned with each time I watch him. Rusty has insight but loves the sound of his own voice too much. Sorry I missed Dale try to muzzle him.

Gee Brad, you're right. I usually see guys sipping Icees from cupholders at Bristol or Talladega, but Pocono tends to bring out the competitive side. CCROB, if you want help on the site, I'm a phone call away.

I too am now getting intestinal discomfort everytime I hear that QB's name. If Barack Obama had a press conference announcing he was switching parties to become a Republican, it would be interrupted by a live cutaway to Brett walking across a WalMart parking lot.

PTI has gotten too much for me. Around the Horn. Ack. I used to like it, I'm ashamed to admit. I'm also ashamed to admit that Woody Page is a UT alum. They actually introduced him two years ago at the UT/FLA basketball game. No one applauded. Well...I take that back. There was a thunderous ovation 20 seconds later. That's because 19 seconds after they introduced him, they had some guy named Peyton Manning stand up.