1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Political Correctness????

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Internet Theologian, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And just what is THAT supposed to have to do with what was asked? I wouldn't mind the question so much if it weren't so "What does any of this have to do with you, who are you?" sounding.

And if she is a social psychologists she should know a little bit more about phrasing questions.

Too many red flags in this whole situation for my tastes.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I agree. But it's the way the question was asked that makes me think this is too much of an experiment with the kids being used as social guinea pigs.

I absolutely guarantee that they are. The "Experiment" started with the letters.

3. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is probably why you shouldn't send your kids to some public school where they are going to be brainwashed.

I know it's just kindergarten, but it blows my mind that people think sending their kids to 5 day a week humanist brain washing is going to help their kids turn out serving the Lord.
    Home school or send your kids to a Christian school.

4. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Many people on here have gone to public schools and are converted, so have many and most in our churches. 1 Corinthians 5:9-13

Do you have any children?

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's one of the things I keep stressing to parents. If the Body of Christ is going to turn its back on the unsaved fields in the school systems, then we again, need to pray for the Rapture and God to get us out of the way if we're not going to do what He left us here to do.

If we take the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit out of the public schools, you'll see a mini-version of what you see happening in society.

Parents just have to remain vigilant and involved.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A target? A target of what? Some feckless psychology major? Are you AFRAID of the public schools?

And it would have been shared if you would only give your name to someone, a person that is teaching your child.

Answer: "I'm asking because I have the welfare of my child at heart. I'm asking because as a parent I want to be fully engaged in the education of my child. I'm asking because I love my child and want the best for him"

Take the offensive. Turn the tables on the counselor: "Why are you asking me this question?"

You have no problem taking Baptist Board members, fellow Christians, to the woodshed over just about anything, but you won't stand up to a wet-behind-the-ears school counselor?!

Strawman. In fact, you don't know what is going on, because you won't find out.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The more I look at this the more it becomes a turn off. It's an experiment.. And where is that 30 minutes coming from? Is there an extra 30 minutes of fluff just built into the school schedule?

And again, why do kids have to be taught/trained to make and keep friends? It just doesn't pass the smell test for me and I wouldn't let my kid participate.

And then whether or not your child participates in the group, there will no doubt be little kids using these new taught methods on kids who aren't in the group so your child gets sucked in and becomes part of what is measured anyway.

Never been a fan of social engineering. And they seem to be trying to get an earlier start in controlling different aspects of people's lives.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's happening in the public schools now is the same thing that is happening in society.
    Children are not prepared for the evil that is in public school at their young and impressionable ages.

5 days a week of humanist brainwashing and apostate people teaching your children is not really reversed by one day a week at church.

The Bible teaches that a companion of fools shall be destroyed, also a verse in proverbs says to turn your ear away from hearing the instruction that causes you to err. Sending children to public school to hear lies like evolution and other garbage seems to conflict with that verse.

Public school will not teach your kids to live for God. absolutely no way, and if people turn out for God it's in spite of public school education.

the absence of mentioning Jesus Christ in public school is teaching people that they can live apart from God. The philosophy of public schools is in essence anti-God.

Really tired of hearing this garbage about how we need our kids to be there so they can be a light. Nonsense, that's like saying you have to be part of the Catholic Church to reach Catholics. We don't need our kids to be indoctrinated with false beliefs for them to be light and a testimony to others. Take your kids out into the world to knock doors and talk to people about Jesus, or take your kids with you to hand out tracts.

I am not advocating that we retreat and hide from the world in a little bubble, but I also am not advocating allowing lost men to educate and train our impressionable children, that's foolish.

#28 Jordan Kurecki, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  9. Internet Theologian

Wonder if God's people can withstand this?

You don't seem to posses much faith in God in this world.

One day a week at church? What about the rest of the week? Like family prayer, bible study, devotions? Why do you think that things need to be reversed by a day in church? Perhaps God has reserved His own in the world against this influence?

1 Corinthians 5:9ff. Or perhaps your belief is that we should barricade our lives from sinners, the world, 'separation'? That is what is actually wrong with the church. We don't need that, we need brave witnesses instead of cowering pushovers.

Many on here have listened to evolution and 'other garbage'. Your solution has caused persons to not develop an apologetic against the suppression of truth. Instead of being bold in the world and facing it like God's people should they are isolated and have no answers.

10. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Separation is what is wrong with the Church?

Have you even read 2 Corinthians chapter 6?

11. Internet Theologian

Have you even read 1 Corinthians 5?

BTW 2 Corinthians 6 warning to those who practice those sins is written to those who profess to being believers who practice those lifestyles. It is not a denouncement of the world, it is about professing believers being deceived.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, what a strawman argument, you insist that just because I believe children's minds need to be protected from false teaching at young impressionable ages that I believe we should barricade and hide ourselves from the world. ABSOLUTE NONSENSE.

What if the Public schools Islam, or Mormonism instead of religion of Humanism? would you still choose to send your kids there to be light?

If you answer no, then you are a hypocrite.

13. Internet Theologian

Yes, your idea of separation is one thing that is wrong with the church.

Perhaps this video will help you:

14. Internet Theologian

We defend their minds with truth, not with hiding them from truth. I made no straw man argument as it is you who suggested barricading children from the world and sending them to Christian Schools. :)

Can you show me where you did not say this and that I am incorrect?

Have you read the sermon on the mount wherein we are instructed to be salt and light, and that a light is not to be under a bushel basket. You're saying the light should be hidden.

Yes, we are not scared of the world and don't barricade ourselves from it.

15. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Proverbs 19:27 Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.

16. Internet Theologian

Ahhh, a proof text to barricade ourselves, plug our ears, run from the world, isolate ourselves and send our kids to Christian Schools.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Scripture is clear, we are not to willingly receive instruction that causes us to err from the Lord.

Whether or not I have children is irrelevant, because our final authority is God's word, not your experience or mine.

I don't need to be married to condemn adultery, nor do I need children to condemn sending them somewhere to receive instruction that will cause them to err.

18. Internet Theologian

What does 'receive' mean? You sound like that if a kid goes to school their minds are a funnel and the teachers fill their minds. Do you believe they are mindless, or, do you believe they actually receive enough biblical training, at home, to thwart unbiblical teaching?

Going to public school causes us to 'err from the Lord'? I think many on here would beg to differ.

If you were a youth director, and had teens who went to public school, would you go and tell this to their parents, that they are wrong for sending them to public schools and share with them your proof-texts?

Actually it is relevant because you don't have children, and you have not experienced raising them in the admonition of the world by the Word and you do not have any experience as a parent. You realize godly parents are to train other younger parents, right? They are to share (gulp) their exepriences of walking with the LORD in this world. Again, 1 Corinthians 5.

How many children know the Lord and still attend public schools, and still love the Lord, and hear false views, and still love the Lord? They don't need you telling them what to do. Their godly parents follow the Lord and don't barricade them from the world. They see them as salt and light in the world. You should go read John 17 and see God's purpose there for his people. :)

So you are condemning everyone here who sends their children to public schools? Gotcha.

#38 Internet Theologian, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless a school counselor sends an email about a class for kindergartners on how to make friends. Then we think the boogeyman is going to indoctrinate our children and start a file on the parents!

20. Internet Theologian

What email? She sent an email? Or, are you assuming again?