1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Political Joke

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by Reformer, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Reformer

Reformer New Member

OK this is a little political so if you dont like political jokes...dont read it

Long but worth it...

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to support more government programs, in other words, redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in school.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, 'How is your friend Audrey doing?' She replied, 'Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over.'

Her wise father asked his daughter, 'Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA.'

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, 'That's a crazy idea, how would that be fair! I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!'

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, 'Welcome to the Republican party.'

2. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Ain't it funny how these liberals are for redistributing everybodys wealth but thier own.:laugh:

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was a driving instructor, I would often talk politics with my students. When they were liberal and proclaim ROW (redistribution of wealth) I would ask them for a second payment. "Why" they would ask.
    "So a disadvantage teen could have a free driving lesson" was my answer.

Their first step to becoming a conservative!

One young lady told me she was a Republican. When I asked her why she said "I decided the day I received my first pay check, and saw how much in taxes came out!"

4. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Since when is it the RICH that pay taxes, when it's the people who have very little who pay the taxes? The rich have lawyers who can find all the loopholes for the rich to avoid taxes.

5. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent joke. More true to life than a joke, really. I'll have to remember this one.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then Exxon must have lousy lawyers.
    They paid 29 billion in taxes!

By the way do you know what the alternative minimum tax is? If you don't, then you are not rich!!!

and this my friend is no joke

7. Carolina Baptist

Carolina Baptist Active Member

Redistribution of wealth: They take $700 billion from the poor and give it to the rich while those who lost their houses get nothing.

Local redistribution of wealth: My property taxes went up by one third and it is being given to a cry-baby billionaire who is already treeatening the county because he is not getting his (my) money fast enough.

Oops. This the humor section. I should put this in the angry outburst section.

I will now return this thread to those of a more humorous disposition.

8. billreber

billreber New Member

SALTCITYBAPTIST said:
    Just a reminder -- companies of EVERY size do not really pay their taxes -- their customers do! If company A has a ten-dollar tax bill for the year, I will guarantee they have set their prices to a level that twelve dollars came in to cover that tax bill! I suspect that Exxon collected that 29 billion for taxes from YOUR pocket, and made a "profit" for their shareholders! (Check the gas prices, my friends.)

Also, corporations are NOT "people". They are owned by people, who split those huge "profits" among them. It is the people who own the corporations that end up paying taxes on their (smaller) portion of the corporate "profit".

Bill :godisgood:

9. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yup, yup, yup ... :thumbs:

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salty

ps, did you know a corporation gets taxed twice?

#10 Salty, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2008
  11. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Forty per cent of American citizens pay no taxes.

If there are loopholes, who do you think put them there? And why would they keep them so secret only lawyers can find them?