1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Politicians plan pro-Israel rally

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Enoch, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

JPost
    I’m glad to see people on the LEFT (that would never happen in the US) and the right standing up against Iran and defending Israel’s right to exist. Hopefully the focus stays where it belongs. There’s nothing like having your cause/rally derailed by another agenda.

2. Brother James

Brother James New Member

Do you think Schumer, Boxxer, Fienstien and Pelosi are right wing? No one could be farther to the left and they support the Zionist agenda to the letter.

3. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Really, where are they holding rallies and such?

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

To be fair, holding a rally, or attending a rally, is by no means a prerequisite or litmus test for supporting Israel. I've never attended a "support Israel" rally. Interestingly, a Muslim friend of the family has (what's up with that??).

I do have a Rally Monkey, so I don't know if that counts.

5. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Johnv the thread is about a "planned pro-Israel rally".

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Your brought up a claim that the left would never defend Israel’s right to exist. Several do (whether we like to admit it or not), and their defense of such is not contingent on them having attended rallies on the subject.

7. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Johnv
    If you slow down and read what people actually post including yourself it might help. ;)
    I think this why you have so many posts? [​IMG]

Regarding the article I posted
    As I stated you would never see the LEFT in the US holding a rally against Iran in defense for Israel. This thread is not about the LEFT supporting Israel’s right to exist but a pro- Israel RALLY being held in response to Iran’s threat of annihilation. Do you follow?

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Nice dodge. You certainly will bend over backwards to not have to admit that some on the left acknowlege Israel's right to exist.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think one could certainly see people on the Left in the U.S. attending a rally against Iran in defense of Israel.

Support for Israel is not a mainstream liberal/conservative disagreement in this country.

10. gekko

gekko New Member

are you saying that Israel does not have the right to exist Johnv? or anybody for that matter?

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never come across anybody on this board who is opposed to the existence of the modern political State of Israel.

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Nothing in my comments could remotely suggest this. I've always made it plain that Israel as a sovereign state has a right to exist and rule itself.

13. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Johvv once again, what are you even talking about? [​IMG] What dodge? Can you read? Do you know what this thread is about? ;) You certainly will bend over backwards to never discuss the topic of the thread.

You could start your own thread to expound on your issue at hand and give some facts. [​IMG]

14. Enoch

Enoch New Member

I guess when it’s a figment of your imagination you can picture anything. [​IMG]

15. Enoch

Enoch New Member

[​IMG]

What is really sad is that some of you (and you know who you are) cannot discuss the topic of my thread, is it that difficult for you? You have yet to discus it. :rolleyes:

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you are clearly not very informed on U.S. politics.

17. Enoch

Enoch New Member

And you are clearly not very informed on U.S. politics. </font>[/QUOTE]Ken
    I'm aware of factual events and that's what this thread is about. ;) Please feel free to give the information for the rally that the left is holding. Or is it that there is NO such rally yet you keep defending something that does not exist. Why waste the typing energy? And yet you still do not discuss the topic of the thread, hmmmm.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Democratic Party platform begins:

"The Democratic Party is fundamentally committed to the security of our ally Israel and the creation of a comprehensive, just and lasting peace between Israel and her neighbors. Our special relationship with Israel is based on the unshakable foundation of shared values and a mutual commitment to democracy, and we will ensure that under all circumstances, Israel retains the qualitative edge for its national security and its right to self-defense. Jerusalem is the capital of Israel and should remain an undivided city accessible to people of all faiths."

- LINK

You're the one that stated "I’m glad to see people on the LEFT (that would never happen in the US) and the right standing up against Iran and defending Israel’s right to exist."

Your statement has been proven wrong since the Democratic Party supports Israel - rally or no rally.

19. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Ken
    My statement is not proven wrong, since what I am commenting on (see I know this because I started the thread and actually read the news article that I am referring too) is the fact that the Left would never hold a pro-Israel rally like the one being held in the article.

So my friend you must ask yourself what truly is your motive here and why. You still have yet to address the topic of my thread. You can keep on defending a rally that never happened for a political group you do not support (on most days anyway) and not even discuss the topic of my thread. But why Ken? My instincts tell me there is another reason and I find it disappointing.

20. freedom's cause

freedom's cause New Member

Israel has is and will exist until God says otherwise and that goes for us as well to God
    be all the glory