1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Poll to assist with CvA Defininitions

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by kyredneck, Jul 15, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I am not a PB but I see them different but inseperable, just as repentance and faith are different but inseparable. Conversion is the experiential side of regeneration. Regeneration is a creative act of God while conversion is the experiential consequence of that act.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think we need to get back to the problem of regeneration, not salvation. Unless it has been premised that these are one and the same.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is placing faith in Jesus, as required by God in order to get us saved, to be seen as Cooperate with him?

5. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [QUOTE=Yeshua1;2128117]Is placing faith in Jesus, as required by God in order to get us saved, to be seen as Cooperate with him?[/QUOTE]

See? There is an entirely different thing to be defined and discussed here. Placing faith in Jesus results in what we call gospel salvation as different from eternal salvation which is entirely of God none of the sinner, iow, passive. Now, to stay on track, what is being discussed re monergism vs synergism is, regeneration.

6. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not so. Being regenerated is a one time event whereas conversion is a process.

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

We're up 4-0.....:wavey:

8. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I voted "yes". I'm a Monergist :thumbs:

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You see the problem is the terms are of no value to the debate. Both Calvinist and Arminians are Monergist.

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A person cannot will themselves to be regenerated. They can ask God to save them, and then it is God alone who performs the regeneration, if it so be that He is willing, and of course Jesus said, whosoever will....may come.

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I stopped your post right there. When they are asking God to save them, regeneration has already taken place.....

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, that is the presumption Calvinism must draw in order to save it's doctrine, but you will not find it in the scriptures anywhere, in fact, the scripture declares it is something one asks for.....

Luke 11:13 - "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"

Acts 2:38 - "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost".

John 4:10 - "Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water."

John 7:38,39 - "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Heb 11:39 - "And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:"

Now, do you have any scripture which declares a person was born-again prior to the glorification of Jesus Christ???

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Look, Blessed are they(past tense...already blessed) are they which thirst and hunger after righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Ah yes, the evil sinner---good deeds snafu. Let me explain it to you this way. You're at a five-star restaurant, and you order filet mignon. They even allow you in the back to watch the chef prepare it for you. You observe him going to the bathroom and dipping his hands in a "soiled" toilet, comes out, handles you meat w/o so much as wipping his hands off...and also handles the rest of your meal with the same "soiled" hands. Would you eat it? That's the way God sees our deeds as sinner. The filet mignon was good, but the chef defiled it by handling it with defiled...sinned encrusted....hands. That's why our "good" deeds aren't good in His sight. That's why the plowing of the wicked is sin. They defile everything they touch in God's sight.

Then you believe in the CoC doctrine, eh? Even repentance is a gift of God. Repentance is never absent of faith but coincides...follows alongside it. It, too is a gift of God. Faith is a fruit of the Spirit. So this shows that repentence and faith precedes conversion.

She got that water, too. Many believed upon her testimony. She was already thirsty....already blessed....Jesus came to quinch her thirst, and did so. This neither supports or detracts you stance, btw.

They had the Spirit move upon them to perform certain tasks in the OT, so then I guess David, Solomon, Moses and Aaron are on the outside looking in, eh?

They, under the OT, looked forwards to the cross, whereas we look backwards at it. They did in faith.

I showed you many verses....

14. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deliberate sabotage.

Classic Mugwumpism.

Mugwumpial Confusionism.

15. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbsup::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

16. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can one already been regenerated without being saved, indwelt by the Spirit, anew creature in christ yet though?

17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture please.............

18. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

:laugh::applause:

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not understand why blessed being past tense here makes your case, in your view.

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It doesn't. Also notice I asked for scripture and none was offered, only a statement saying he gave some, somewhere I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.