1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Tongues

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Gershom, May 24, 2005.

?
  1. Yes

77.2%
  2. No

22.8%
  3. Not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes! [​IMG]

2. atestring

atestring New Member

I think your answer is ridiculous nonsense

3. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

It is blaspemy to ascribe the work of God to the devil.

4. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

DHK said:I used Tam (And I hope she doesn't mind), as an example as one who seems to have a clear testimony of salvation.

Tam says: Thank you for clearing up what you think of me!!

Peace,

Tam

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your opinion sir. No one has yet to show me from Scripture that the tongues that are spoken today are the work of God. If they are not the work of God, then whose work are they?
    DHK

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There are many good sincere born again Christians who believe in some sort of false doctrine. (example: KJV Onlyism). But please explain, isn't all false doctrine ultimately from the devil no matter how big or little it may seem to us?
    I apply the same principle to Baptists as well.
    DHK

7. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

The evidence is in His Word. Biblical tongues exist today. You have yet to prove it has ceased. And quite frankly, I couldn't care less what you think. [Personal attack removed].

[ June 04, 2005, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: dianetavegia ]

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

9. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Right. Only everyone else does, but not you. Please.

I believe the Scriptures, not your interpretation of them.

Would it be better if I said that you were "deceived by the devil" as you like to throw around without the threat of banishment? And yes, it is true that ascribing the work of God to the devil is, by the Word of God, blasphemy.

10. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

There are many good sincere born again Christians who believe in some sort of false doctrine. (example: KJV Onlyism). But please explain, isn't all false doctrine ultimately from the devil no matter how big or little it may seem to us?
    I apply the same principle to Baptists as well.
    DHK
    </font>[/QUOTE]I was just glad to see that you had said:who seems to have a clear testimony of salvation.

Yes, all false doctrine is ultimately from the devil!! Where you and I differ is that we each "know" that we have the correct interpretation!!

Praise the Lord anyway! [​IMG]

Tam

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Would it be better if I said that you were "deceived by the devil" as you like to throw around without the threat of banishment? And yes, it is true that ascribing the work of God to the devil is, by the Word of God, blasphemy. </font>[/QUOTE]Gershom, this is a serious offence. Let me be quite clear about it. I have never called anyone a blasphemer. Yesterday I deleted a post that called me a heretic. Such things are totally unwarranted. In another forum, another poster did get banned (not by me), for the continual usage of such terminology. Such slanderous terminology is not tolerated on this board. If you want to call people names, then go somewhere else. It is not welcome here. Is that clear.

Having said that, let me give you an example from another theological area--Roman Catholicism, which also has been discussed frequently here.
    The doctrine of transubstantiation (changing of the elements into the actual blood and body of Jesus Christ) is not only heresy it is blasphemous to even think that such could take place. I have said something to that effect on numerous occasions. But I have never called anyone a blasphemer. It is the doctrine of the Catholic Church that is blasphemous. Attack the doctrine, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted.

Posting Rule #4
    DHK

[ June 04, 2005, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: DHK ]

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Again, use the Scriptures, the Word of God. I challenge you to show me from the Bible that the tongues being spoken today is even Biblical. It is not a work of God. It is a work of the devil. Unless you can show me from the Scripture where I am wrong my statement stands. I want Scripture, not name-calling.
    DHK

13. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Yet the Bible says they are of the Spirit.

You got that right. If I were you, I'd repent.

14. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

If the shoe fits, DKH...

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Issuing a warning here about the seriousness of name calling. Blasphemy is a very serious charge. Please refrain from using that term toward DHK.

Also, please prove your point with scripture. Show one verse that says tongues are for today. ONE.

1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.