1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Poll: Who of these four people is really saved?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Wittenberger, Sep 7, 2012.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

See if you can grasp this? If I say justification by works is a false gospel and those who teach it are teaching a false gospel, just who PERSONALLY have I condemned? No one! Who thinks I have condemned them PERSONALLY? EVERYONE who believes in justification by works!

Do you grasp the difference? I presented the PRINCIPLE but applied it to no one personally. The person hearing it takes it PERSONAL because they have applied my principle PERSONALLY! So which one of us has made it PERSONAL? Was it my assertion of the principle or their application of my principle to themselves?

#41 The Biblicist, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
  2. Wittenberger

Wittenberger New Member

I didn't say you had condemned someone in particular. You condemn groups of people.

I WILL condemn Mormon doctrine as non-Christian. I WILL condemn the Mormon "Church" as not being a Christian church. But when it comes to making a judgment on the eternal destiny of any individual man or group, I leave that to God.

#42 Wittenberger, Sep 12, 2012
  3. Wittenberger

Wittenberger New Member

The Biblicist
    5,000 Posts Club Join Date: Nov 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Briony-Gloriana
    I know I am biased but having house kept for our catholic priests I am awed at their intelligence and their learning. A book on the desk maybe somehing in Greek or some other language (I am a definite monoglot). Their years of formation in so many aspects of theology is staggering. And then when the awesome day of their ordination....they can be sent all over the globe and be among simple folk in Africa...and teaching the word of God in the particular dialect. I am amazed that there are young men who turn their backs to the delights of an ordinary life to spend their days across the globe, dependent (mostly) on the congregation to support them, I think these guys are incredible, but of course they have been called by God. It is sad when the occasional one falls from grace and falls mightily that the news has a field day, rather than writing a story in the day of the life of so many good men.

"I have many young mormons come to my door every year. They dedicate two years of their life as missionaries. I try to give a gospel witness to them before they leave my door. However, when they leave, the always want to wish me "God bless you." I either never respond or I say I hope God does not bless your efforts because you are leading people to hell. The same is true of these good young men you speak about. They are ministering for Satan and simply do not realize it."---Biblicist

You are comparing Roman Catholics to Mormons and saying that both groups are leading people to hell. If the priests you refer to above are leading people to hell, that means these priests are headed to hell themselves. Can you LEAD people to hell and not be going to hell yourself??? This is an example of one of your judgments on the eternal destination of others. Be careful what you say, brother.

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Wrong again! I condemned RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS and those who spread their false doctrines and so do the scriptures (Gal. 1:8-9; Rev. 17).

5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

There is not one iota of a difference in the bottom line of their gospels = justification by works and those who teach that system of soterioloy are strongly condemned by scriptures. I will stand with the Scriptures while you stand with the guilty - Gal. 1:8-9.

Try rational thinking for a change! If an institution or preachers are preaching a false gospel then all who receive a false gospel are being made a two fold more child of hell than they already were in their uncoverted state before accepting a FALSE gospel. That is the estimation and report of both Jesus Christ and the Apostle Paul! I will stand with them.

ALL who receive and teach "another gospel" are heading for hell and that is exactly what the Scriptures teach - Gal. 1:8-9. Again, I will stand with the plain and obvious reading of that text.

As a matter of fact, you can lead people to hell while you end up in heaven! You can truly be saved then led astray and teach a false gospel. Apparently some in the Galatians churches had been "bewitched" and led astray. To say this in another way, can a truly saved person be led astray? Be deceived? Can they lead others astray. The answer ought to be obvious.

You are the one taking a side AGAINST THE CLEAR PRECEPTS OF GOD'S WORD not I! Read and understand:

GAl. 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

The context defines "another gospel" repeatedly throughout this epistle to be the doctrine of justification by works. That is what Mormons teach and that is what Roman Catholics teach - that is what sacramentalism is and Romans 4:11 proves it beyond doubt.

So my friend you just side with the devil instead of God's Word but I will take the clear and explicit unambigous declarations of God's Word and stand with it.

#45 The Biblicist, Sep 12, 2012