1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pope Baptizes...

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by TCGreek, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

the largest religion meets the fastest growing religion (currently #2, but gaining at a remarkable pace). The RC has already opened their arms to embrace islam. Some clergy now use Allah in their mass. The pope is the single most recognized religious figure in the world. I believe the false prophet will be the "pope" of sorts in this new religion, with the AC as the "black pope".

#21 webdog, Mar 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2008
  2. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not finished reading this thread.....but baptism does not save you. Catholics believe that baptism into the Catholic church membership is what gets you into Heaven....the Pope said it is the only TRUE church.....so they are NOT saved.

The true church doesn't have walls. Yes, there are some Catholics who are saved. But if they continue to practice Catholicism and pray to saints, and pray to Mary, and believe that baptism saves you, nope. Salvation is probably not real for them.

Debbie Mc

3. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The most dangerous religions are those which profess Christianity (i.e. Catholics, Jehovah Witnesses,and Mormons) and actually use the right terms (Jesus is Savior, etc) but in reality don't believe in saved by grace or that Jesus is God. Anyone who prays to a priest (Bless me father, for I have sinned) and does Hail Marys for repentance CANNOT be on their way to Heaven.

It is very difficult to witness to a Catholic or a Mormon. They are brainwashed by generic Christian terminology. My daughter-in-law is a non-practicing Mormon. (my son got married before he got saved) and she says she believes in Jesus, but when put on the hotseat, she admits that she believes that Jesus and Satan are brothers, and they had a fight, and Jesus won, so he got to be our Saviour!!!!!!!!!

Debbie Mc

4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I may be showing my ignorance here but I have herd that the Quran in a few places even advocates a peaceful coexistence with the "people of the virgin". Without a search the Quran program it is hard to verify. I have searched Google for a search site but could not find one that I could trust.

If this could be verified then Webdog could have a valid point.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't remember reading that :eek:

I do remember reading something in regards to living like the "infidels" in order to garner their trust to either convert or overthrow them. This is what the terrorists of 9/11 did...breaking many of their customs and rules while living here in the name of Allah.

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

The term is "People of the Book". From PBS:

[FONT=arial,sans-serif] [FONT=arial,sans-serif]Muslims believe that God had previously revealed Himself to the earlier prophets of the Jews and Christians, such as Abraham, Moses, and Jesus. Muslims therefore accept the teachings of both the Jewish Torah and the Christian Gospels. They believe that Islam is the perfection of the religion revealed first to Abraham (who is considered the first Muslim) and later to other prophets. Muslims believe that Jews and Christians have strayed from God's true faith but hold them in higher esteem than pagans and unbelievers. They call Jews and Christians the "People of the Book" and allow them to practice their own religions. Muslims believe that Muhammad is the "seal of the prophecy," by which they mean that he is the last in the series of prophets God sent to mankind. Muslims abhor the followers of later prophets. This attitude serves to explain the extreme Muslim animosity toward Bahais, followers of a nineteenth-century prophet, who in the Muslim mind is false.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    Perhaps this is the verse you are thinking of:

[29.46] And do not dispute with the followers of the Book except by what is best, except those of them who act unjustly, and say: We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our God and your God is One, and to Him do we submit.

7. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Thanks MP that is probably it. Oh, and yes your avatar does bother me.:thumbs:

#27 Palatka51, Mar 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2008
  8. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

<Sigh> Only the Arabic-speaking ones; the Arabic word for 'God' is 'Allah'. Thus, for example, Syrian Baptists will pray to 'Allah'.

And it's as Roger said: the Pope is baptising a new Catholic not a Muslim; no adult is allowed to be baptised into the Catholic Church unless s/he subscribes to all Catholic teaching, including belief in Jesus' divinity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.