1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Possible limitation of this new forum

Discussion in 'Money Talk$' started by David Lamb, Jul 23, 2007.

1. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Don't misunderstand me - I can see the value of this new forum, and I am definitely not complaining about it, but it seems to me that once we get beyond generalities (whether it is right for a Christian to use credit cards, for instance), financial matters will differ widely from one country to another. For example, Roth IRAs and Traditional IRAs. A "Google" search showed me that an IRA (in the financial context) is an Individual Retirement Account in the United States. The only IRA I knew of before was the Irish Republican Army! Another example is Guidestone. Again, I turned to "Google" to discover that it is "Operating as a church benefits board, the multibilliondollar organization is dedicated to providing outstanding products and high-touch customer service to Southern Baptist and other evangelical churches, ministries and institutions." So again, it is US-focussed. But then, I imagine that the vast majority of Baptist Board members are in the USA.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    David,

I wouldnt "pound" the issue too much:laugh:

or you may get a "s chilling" reaction from us Yanks :tonofbricks:

:wavey:

Salty

PS and watch out, those on the other side of the Chunnell may be a bit too "FRANK" :laugh:

3. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Thanks, Salty, for the reply you "cent" - it made a lot of "cents" to me, and its humour "buck"-ed me up considerably. You're a real "dime"-ond.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

He was just being "franc." I believe this forum will make its "mark."

Okay, I'll stop.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

"euro" real "peso" work, I'll tell you!