1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Possibly 144,000 Pauls

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by xlsdraw, Jul 4, 2017.

1. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is currently a surge in orthodox influence in Israel. As we recall, Saul was an orthodox Jew. So much so, that he felt compelled to contend for his faith by persecuting Christians. When converted on the road to Damascus, now Paul, retained vigor to contend for his faith in Christ. A true warrior of Faith. Understanding that today's Jewry is just as variable as today's Christianity, there is likely a very low % of committed orthodox Jews, like Saul, willing to contend for their faith. Could it be, that the 144,000 sealed servants of God, from the twelve tribes of Israel, in Revelations 7, may possess the fervency that Paul possessed? Likely coming from the orthodox Jews. We know they enter the tribulation denying Christ, like Saul denied Christ. We know they chosen vessels and suffer the tribulation, as the Lord also told Ananias concerning Paul "Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: For I will show him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake." We know Paul and those with him heard the voice of the Lord when the Lord spoke to him, and the voice from heaven will be heard by many when the two resurrected witnesses are called up to heaven. We know that the two witnesses will lay dead in the street three and a half days before they are resurrected and ascend, as we know Paul was blinded by the light from the Lord for three days before his sight being restored. Upon the Lord's encounter, Paul Knew that the Lord was with him and had victory over death, as the resurrection of the two witnesses will also provide assurance of the Lord's power and victory over death and the Antichrist. Oh how glorious if the 144,000 are as fervent as Paul. This gives me hope for the possible salvation of many during the Great Tribulation.

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Beyond concerns regarding your eschatology, I simply want to note that Saul and Paul were the same person. When he was ministering in the Gentile world, he was "Paul." When among the Jewish population, he was "Saul."

His name was not changed upon conversion, no matter how many sermons I have heard claim that.