1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Post election interview with Roy Moore. The People did not understand.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dale-c, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

You can't be serious? Can you?
    Well, there is the bottom line of difference.

Let me ask you this, if the role of the government is NOT defined by the Bible, what is the standard for right and wrong?
    Why was it wrong for the preacher to use public money for personal gain if if the Bible has no say in how the government operates?
    No, government is not to preach.
    Government IS to administer justice ACCORDING to God's law.
    BTW, you accuse Moore of doing a lot of things that are quite a stretch, you should really read his book and then you will be more informed to know what he really believes.

2. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Just thought I would post a little quote where the Bible told the government to do something :)

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

:True, but the theocracy of ancient Israel is not the secular republic of the United States.

4. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Now wait minute. The topic was, Roy Moore thinks the people just didn't understand. I've just given the whole spiel of just what we did understand and this is why he wasn't elected governor. I'm not off topic.

You and I have already settled that we have deep political differences that will probably never change. But, yes I am serious. There are no guidelines in the Bible as to how governments should set themselves up or govern their own people, the psalm you have quoted, notwithstanding. This psalm about countries who oppose Isreal and while all the scriptures are useful for instruction, scripture is still not a government formation guide.

Now here is a question for you: Has there ever been a "Christian" government that has stood the test of time?

5. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Yes and no. There are no specific guidelines as to how the offices should be set up.

We see here that no matter what it is, King, prince governor, whatever, they are all there to do the will of God and we should submit to them.
    But they are still under God.

And, Psalm 2 DOES apply to all nations. And I don't see where it talks about Isreal. It is talking about nations defying God, just as our country does today.

6. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Not really since man is totally depraved and we always seem to want to emulate Romans 1.