1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Post trib

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by richardetyler, Mar 11, 2013.

1. richardetyler

richardetyler New Member

How to historic premillenialist or post tribers view the 1000 year kingdom? I mean if all the people are raptures who are saved, and all the people that are not are dead, who goes on in mortal bodies to populate the millenial kingdom?

2. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Rev 19:19-21 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
    And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
    And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

At the return of Christ, Revelation doesn't say He kills every single unbeliever in the world. It says He slays the remnant (Vs21 above). Remnant of what? The armies that were led to make war against Christ.

That leaves ample possibility for unbelievers around the world, who aren't a part of those armies to survive the second advent and enter into the millennium.

Children/babies are also a possibility but I don't have any scripture to support that.

3. richardetyler

richardetyler New Member

I have heard some say that the 144000 will be the ones with mortal bodies in the kingdom. They will see Christ return and repent and populate the earth during the 1000 years.

4. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

I've never heard that view before. Sounds kind of strange to me.

I reject that anyway since I think the 144,000 is not an literal set number of Jews who believe but is just a picture of the church.

5. richardetyler

richardetyler New Member

hmm, I think I will stick with amillennialism for now. If there happens to be a literal future kingdom then I will just be happily surprised and go with it. Either or, Christ is in control and I'm ready. :)

6. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to know who told you this?

7. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does the Bible teach a millennial kingdom? The apostles asked Jesus about this kingdom, what was the answer Jesus gave them?

8. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

They are presently called the church. Been going on now for almost 2000 years and will continue until the appearing of Christ in his kingdom. Most have died, however there will be some alive when Christ appears. Those in the church are also the begotten children of God. Jesus said he would build his church and the gates of Hades (death) shall not prevail against her.

Luke 20:35,36 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Those will be in the kingdom of God, ruling over the people of the world.

God is calling a people for his name to rule with Christ which requires eternal life, salvation. God has revealed to these taken for his name: the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; [even] in him: Eph 1:9.10

Whatever that means,