1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pragmatic Evangelism

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Apr 20, 2004.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This thread is prompted by other threads about the good results of the Passion movie and people being saved as a result.

My question is this: Does that make it right? Can we say, "Because people are being saved we should not condemn it?"

If so, how far can we take this argument? What can we use to draw people to Christ? How pragmatic can we be in our soul-winning efforts? Should we use and support any un-Biblical methods to witness?

This is not to be a Passion bashing or Passion supporting thread - if it degenerates to that it will be deleted.

2. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

I'd refer back to some of the arguments we had about a different witnessing effort - the Roman Road. I only bring that up to say that there is no perfect witnessing "method," as long as there are imperfect messengers. Yet by God's grace, people are being saved anyway.

My answer to the question: "No, that in itself doesn't make it right - yet God uses it anyway."

3. Servent

Servent Member

Im not sure if this fits here or not, but I cant help but remember in acts 15 when some people were saying if your not circumcised you can not be saved.
    Paul say's in Acts 15:29 that if you abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication; from which, if you keep yourselves, you shall do well. Be prospered.
    The passion movie does not follow the bible word for word, for that matter many christians do not follow the bible word for word, but people are being saved, men are confessing to crimes they would have gotten away with other wise, it's not up to us to save people it's our job to tell them how God does the rest. How far do we go with it I dont know thats a tough one, but again people are being saved.

4. Baptistgal

Baptistgal New Member

Whenever God's Word is used God says He will not let it return to Him void. I don't think that this rules out the principle that we cannot use the devil's tools to propagate God's message. I think we are responsible for HOW we present God's message, as well as whether we present it at all.
    I know several people who say they were saved at "christian rock" concerts, but I would never condone the use of that kind of music. God's message will get through despite wrong methods, but there are consequences to the use of those wrong methods too.

I don't know if the movie "Passion" is really a wrong method or not. I haven't seen it, I don't intend to see it, either. But I don't think that outright unBiblical methods should ever be used....those methods that go against God's Word.

5. dclark14

dclark14 New Member

Because The Passion is spoken in Aramaic, many Muslim people can understand the language. Why would they go in the first place? Because of all the propaganda about it being anti-semitic, and that is just what they want to hear.Granted, there is error in The Passion, but God writes straight with crooked pencils.