1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prague Christmas Fair

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Crabtownboy, May 10, 2016.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All over Europe, cities, towns and villages hold Christmas fairs. I wish we had the same tradition here.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of all the things I miss about Germany, the Christmas markets are probably on the top of the list. My wife and I moved back to the US in 1998, but we still talk about Christmas in Germany.

3. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I spent several hours walking through the Nuremberg Christmas Fair in 2012. It was a bitterly cold night. However the fair was so fascinating that my wife and I just kept walking. I was told that the Nuremberg Christmas Fair is the largest in Europe.

The Bratislava Christmas Fair is smaller but is also very nice. The village Christmas Fairs are small, but more intimate and interesting.

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We visited the Nuremberg fair several years. It was always one of my favorites (didn't Nuremberg have the clock on the church?).

5. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes it does. We entered the church on that bitterly cold night and warmed a bit. The church did not seem to be heated, but certainly was warmer than outside.

• Like Like x 1