1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Praise or Concern for SWBTS/Patterson

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by KPBAP, Jan 29, 2007.

1. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Employment policies

Yes, as long as it was part of their employment policies and practices.

2. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Lying?

Who lied? This is a serious charge. Can you sustain it? How do you know?

3. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

The pot calls the kettle black

I am an ex-SBC'er and an IFB'er. What I've read on this thread causes a mixture of amusement and sadness. I don't trash the SBC, as some IFB'ers, although I am no longer in the ranks. I still have a great many good friends and fellowship within the SBC ranks. Theologically, I share many views with Dr. Patterson and the conservative movement but I differ on many other points too.

Whether Dr. Patterson has behaved unethically or ethically, fairly or unfairly, I do not know—I am in no position to judge. Much of the supposed facts on this thread have the earmarks of scuttlebutt, hearsay and rumor. In fact, I’ve heard the very same stories about PCC and other institutions, so I take all the “inside” information with a grain of salt and a healthy dose of skepticism. The fact is that no one has raised the obvious question here. Can a new executive ethically reverse the decisions of his predecessor? No, folks would rather egg old Paige.

Whereas I cannot judge Dr. Patterson either way, I can read and discern the posts on this thread. Much of what I read is what Scripture, especially in the epistles, roundly condemns as gossip, backbiting, tale bearing, in-fighting, bickering, etc. IMHO, this gives the SBC a much more soiled testimony than what Dr. Patterson has supposedly done. I fail to see the loving spirit, tolerance and concern for Dr. Patterson that you advocate toward others. There is only bitterness, spite, contempt, etc. Shame! And you criticize the hateful Fundamentalists for what you allow in yourselves!

My parting shot is simply that many of you guys demonstrate the same quibbling, squabbling spirit for which you castigate the IFB fellows. Look in the mirror before you tell the Fundamentalists how ugly and mean they are.

4. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Good point. I'm wondering about a Christian bringing a lawsuit against another Christian now, instead of, as Paul encourages (commands?), suffering wrong and being defrauded. Biblically, can Dr. Klouda bring a lawsuit against another believer without disobeying the Word of God?