1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Praise our Father in Heaven!

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Steven Yeadon, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have schizoaffective bipolar type disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, panic attacks, extra-pyramidal symptoms (EPS), and a verbal tic disorder. I also have migraine headaches with aura and seizures, though my neurologist thinks they are likely pseudo-seizures and not epilepsy.

I am a southern baptist at a southern baptist church.

My voices are down over 90%! Just several hours after two prayers over me on Wednesday by my pastor! My anti-psychotics have not changed for over a year and a half meaning they have been at saturation in my blood for a very, very, very long time.

This is how I'll put it to my therapist on Tuesday and to all future therapists and psychiatrists:

1. A couple of hours after being prayed over by my pastor for blessings and deliverance, I had a set of painless shrieks come out of me and then almost all the voices that had claimed to give me prophecy were gone. This happened while I was journaling a confession I would give to others along with repenting from a number of sins.

a. The only natural explanation is that my new migraine medication, which treats headache pain, that I started on about a week before this deliverance prayer eliminated a whole type of voice I had earnestly prayed would go away. However, I was told to stop this medication due to side effects shortly after starting it and the voices offering prophecy never returned.

2. Several hours after being prayed over by my pastor for blessings and deliverance, I had a set of seizures (I am diagnosed seizures but not epilepsy) and again a set of painless shrieks came out of me. I felt led to pray for my own deliverance shortly after this happened, and immediately after this prayer my voices went down over 90%. I was stunned by the long periods of silence that started immediately. These seizures and shrieks happened after I had journaled a confession I would give to others, and after I repented from a number of sins.

b. Again, the only natural explanation for losing so many voices is that I was started on another migraine medication around this time after the first one was stopped due to side effects. The medication helps tension headaches and also helps stop bipolar people from having mood swings. My own bipolar disorder mood swings are well treated with this medication, but this medicine is not an anti-psychotic aimed at treating schizophrenia and I have been on an almost as large a dose of it before in my medication history with no effect on my voices.

Wow what a testimony! From any vantage point that makes sense from where I'm sitting its a miracle from God happening right now! I am so excited to share all this!

I want to keep going with prayers for blessings and deliverance along with repentance and confessions to see what's next! These experiences also teach me a methodology I should use for the future if the Enemy ever wants me in his snare of sin again.

This was the situation leading up to the prayers (warning lots of mental health language):

I have had very unusual voices since the onset of psychosis years ago in that my voices speak through me at times as if I am a medium channeling a spirit and then my voices go onto hold a conversation with me out loud. My therapist and I discussed this and he believed that this was an aspect of my mental illness and psychoses. His conclusion was that my brain may be smart enough to be generating very smart voices that can converse with me, claim to be demons, know what words to say to wound me, act purposefully in conversation, adapt inside a conversation just like a person, and such. However, it still is just my one brain and I. He believed the reason my voices may come out as if I am a medium channeling a spirit is that I have a verbal tic disorder. However, I did say I wanted to see if someone could try deliver me from demonic attack. He said it couldn't hurt just as long as I knew that if it didn't work, then that meant it was mental illness. He is a Buddhist and into parapsychology (ghost hunter stuff) as far as I know, and he will be so shocked on Tuesday!

Please pray my therapist Mike comes to saving faith. Please pray that these miracles continue to heal me. Please pray I am free from what I am certain is a demonic attack on a Believer.

Our Heavenly Father Bless You All and Your Loved Ones in Jesus' Name!,
    Steve

#1 Steven Yeadon, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  2. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I forgot to put in that when my voices went down 90% with my prayer for deliverance, my sexual voices, which I had earnestly prayed would go away, have also almost entirely gone away.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm back from my therapist. It turns out he is a lapsed Roman Catholic who is into stuff like Buddhism and Ghost Hunters, not a Buddhist. He has his own idea of who God is compared to evangelical Christians. Please continue to pray for him.

He believes that my so called voices going down is a matter of being in grief as I am losing my father, have lost a friend, and a friend 6 months ago lost his son. I personally doubt this and long-term will tell us if it was prayer or grief. However, I am firmly in the prayer category, as the timing is out of this world. My therapist cautioned that prayer could be a placebo, but again I doubt this. Also, why would akmost all voices that offer me prophecy go away with prayer, then almost all sexual voices with a second prayer, and now I want to be delivered of my commanding voices. Voices are disappearing by type, which gets me.

Also, I believe my voices that are going away to be a spiritual matter, as medication has never treated them at all. The voices claim to be demons and seem like very smart people. I believe earnestly I am under demonic assault and will refer to them as my demonic voices from now on.

Please pray for my father's health and that he makes the right decisions with his care. Also please pray for his spiritual well-being. Please pray for my friend and his wife who lost their son. Also please pray for the loved ones of my friend who died and has gone to the Lord.