1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pray For Ethiopia

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Reformed1689, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I received this email from missionary friends this morning. I have redacted some of the names for security reasons.

Dear Friends,
    As soon as you receive this, please take a minute to pray.

We hoped it would settle down. But today’s developments indicate that the lawlessness in Ethiopia threatens to become worse tomorrow. I want to update you about that and ask you to continue with us in serious prayer for the people of Ethiopia.

I have some photos but they are too gruesome to include.

Below is an update is from a dialogue between “Dad” and two of our “daughters”, one of whom graduated this past July and the other in 4th year University. Both are level-headed, accurately informed, Oromo-speaking, and aware of what’s going on. They are the ones who rescued our Amhara girls from High School last Wednesday.

Thank you for joining us in extra prayer for Ethiopia at this time.

Sincerely yours, in Christ,
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S. (In case you’re wondering, we came to the U.S. last week, just 3 days before the new phase of rioting began.)

UPDATE:
    These notes are simply excerpts of dialogue with our youth today (Sunday, October 27, 2019)

“Hi dadye, .... please pray for our country.”

“Tomorrow also they have a big plan to make a problem all over the country. Not only to make a problem – they said they will kill everybody who helps the Amhara people.”

“Dad, please please pray for us. They have plan for tomorrow also to kill every Christian.” “This is gonna be solved only by God.”

“Lot of people died at Jemo, Kara, Sebeta. (These are nearby suburbs to where we live and work.) Died from having their throat slit and from fire.”

“You know what they said – If anyone helps the Amharas who lost their home among the Southern peoples last week and who gives food – they will kill them too.”

“Also, too many people died from Dodola. They killed yesterday around Dodola 11 Oromo Christians.”
    “I'm afraid about my family who lives in Dodola.”
    “Dad did you remember the guys you talked to at Dodola about Christ – his family house was burned and they

tried to kill them so they ran to Shashamane yesterday.”

“You know what they were doing the day before yesterday – showing their list of the names of people who must die and their house must be burned. Their problem is not only Amhara, they have a problem with all.”

“The police just stood and watched. Not even one police tried to help the innocent people. A friend who lives at Jemo, near us said, even when they burned the house, the police kept silent.”

“Please tell for everyone you know. Please pray for Ethiopia. For our homeland, for the innocent people. There are too many people who lost their homes by fire now taking shelter in Orthodox churches. These families don’t have anything, not even food to eat. Dad now we have to pray for tomorrow.”

• Prayers Prayers x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm praying now for God's mercies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I almost went on a 6 week mission at a school in Africa about 20 years ago. At first my biggest concern for my well-being is that I would have difficulty finding food because I am a very picky eater but I figured I would find enough to sustain myself and no big deal if I lost weight, I could last 6 weeks. Then we had another meeting a couple weeks before going and they told me that the time might come when a soldier came to the school to take some of the children and I would just have to stand off and let them take them. I didn't see myself just standing by while one of the children I was with was taken from his family screaming and crying. I could have said I would stand off but I didn't see that happening. I had to consider my own 2 young children losing their father, and much more should I get caught up in a war of another nation.

It was a tough decision to make and it put some guilt on me but I kept thinking about my inability to follow the "rules" and how unfair it would be to my children for me to leave them and go to a distant land knowing I was very likely to get involved in something over my head should this common situation of taking the children happen.

Ever since then whenever hearing the ugliness of what goes on there has always disturbed me in that here I sit all safe and sound in my home land while in far away lands innocent people suffer by the hands of totalitarian bullies.

My heartfelt prayers go out...

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  4. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, so from what I have been able to understand, the threatened attack did not happen but they are still very much on alert for one coming. Whole towns have been killed in the last two months.

5. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying for the country. As well as the Lord protecting them and the people. For those to come to know Him if they had not but will.