1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pray for God to use me

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Bro Tony, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

I know that this is not the prayer forum, but it is the forum for pastors and I need to share. Today at noon I received news that one of the young men at our church who was serving in Afganistan was killed in action. I have spent the day with his father, mother, wife and three children. I had to tell the children that their daddy is with Jesus. This was one of the finest young Christian men that I knew. Pray that the Lord would use me and give me the sensitivity and wisdom to minister to this family. Pray for the Hobbs family in the loss of Brian. My heart is broken today as I consider those precious children who will not have their daddy. Thank you all for your prayers and God bless you all who are dealing with similar news.

Come quickly Lord Jesus,

Bro Tony

2. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

3. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

Tony,
    I'll be praying for you. Just last month we had a young man in our church severly wounded in Iraq.
    I pray the Lord will use this tragedy for his glory and purpose. Stay strong, brother, this world is not our home; we're just passing thru.
    WallyGator

4. Bro.Bill

Bro.Bill New Member

My Dear Bro. Tony,
    I read your post and had to pray as you requested for your wisdom and to have a loving and a kind strong heart in this situation. I also prayed as you asked for the Hobbs family especially the children. IMHO thier daddy was one of our american heroes.

5. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Thank you all for your prayers. Bro Bill, Brian was indeed an American hero.

Bro Tony