1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pray for MBBC

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by superdave, Oct 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superdave

superdave New Member

A young man took his own life at MBBC over the weekend, please pray for the Students and faculty as they try to deal with the effects of this. I personally know several students who are really taking this hard. Pray for the young man's family as well.

2. Joy

Joy New Member

Sorry to hear that. I will be in prayer. Joy

3. Pastor Shumer

Pastor Shumer New Member

What & where is MBBC?

4. Joy

Joy New Member

Maranatha Baptist Bible College is an independant, fundamental Baptist college located in Watertown, WI.

I live near there, and there has been quite a student revival going on there since the weekend! (As reported to me by one of the staff.) Praise the Lord, even in a time of sorrow, God's hand can be seen at work.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maranatha is my alma mater (MA in Dec 1970) and I am proud to have a daughter on faculty there now. It is a blend of the old-fashioned "Bible College" - everyone takes a core of 36 Bible credits - "Baptist college" - unashamedly historic ifb (NOT KJVonly, easy believism of many ifb schools).

And it is a "college" - about 800 students, full program of athletics (including football), music, drama, art, education, nursing, and most of all pastoral, missions, and various ministry majors. It is fully accredited (I transfed my MA to the University of Wisconsin in the 70's) yet with the heart of a ministry-oriented program.

Here is a link. Worth the visit. http://www.mbbc.edu/

6. Daniel

Daniel New Member

I've been on the campus of MBBC and know one faculty member quite well--Dr. Monty Budahl. I know they are shaken by the incident, but God has a magnificent way of taking tragedy and turning it into triumph. One of my former music students is a freshman at MBBC and is able to keep me posted on developments as they occur. I know God will greatly use this situation to turn hearts to Himself. We will certainly keep praying!

7. Joy

Joy New Member

Ah, good ole "Dr. Boo!" [​IMG] He was my favorite teacher! I was in the Madrigal choir, and a music minor. Besides being a musical genius, he knows the Word of God as well if not better than some of the Bible professors there. I have a great deal of respect for him! He has a deep relationship with his Lord, and it is evident in whatever he says and does.

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Someday we'll share the story about how my wife and I helped get Monty and Louis together to start dating. Ah, they were such shy youngsters back in the 60's! [​IMG]

9. superdave

superdave New Member

The campus has really been shaken by this, but Dr. Jaspers has been great. I have seen some of his comments as well as those of Dave Lingle, the dean of students. My brother emailed me some of what was sent to him.

The young man was my brother's roomate, so he is obviously very affected by this. He attended the funeral Friday. Obviously Suicide affects the person who commits it, but the real victims are the family, friends and in this case, the whole student body of a Bible College who have to deal with this for a long time.

I know God is using this to touch the hearts of many students at MBBC, and I know it has given them opportunities to reach out to others. Pray that God will continue to use this terrible situation to work in others lives.

10. Paul from Antioch

Paul from Antioch Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My former pastor, David C Auckland served as an Adjunct Professor at MBBC for a few years after he resigned as Pastor of Faith BC, Sellersville PA. As I recall, FBC then called one of his sons (a TTU Chattanooga TN graduate) as interim pastor, etc. I was in TN at the time (Middle 1970s) & since communications with me were limited, I didn't recall ALL of the details about Pastor Auckland's time at MBBC. I DO know this much about Pastor Auckland: He'd often expository preach/teach directly from the Greek &/or Hebrew NT/OT. One book on Sunday AM, another book on Sunday PM, & another Bible book on Wed PM. In the 3 or so years I was at Faith BC, I learned much from his preaching/teaching/lifestyle.

11. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread from 2001 is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.