1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pray for My Son

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Tom Butler, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Saturday morning, my son Tom Jr and a friend were biking not far from his home when a dog ran into their path. T Jr crashed his bike.

(Incidentally, the friend is a member and occasional contributor to the BB, GLC.)

To make a long story short he broke his pelvis in three places, and now faces an 8-hour surgery on Wednesday at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville.

Not only are we praying for successful surgery, and a successful recovery (looking at three months), we are also praising God for his mercy.

The surgeon told the family tonight that T Jr could have been killed. He could have suffered fatal head injuries (he didn't). He could have suffered serious, possibly fatal, internal injuries (he didn't).

Ordinarily, he bikes alone, and occasionally with GLC. On Saturday, had he been alone, there's no telling how long he would have lain in the middle of the road, unable to move without help. Gee, wasn't it lucky that Gary was with him? What a fortunate coincidence.

Yeah, right.

The next few weeks and months will not be fun. But his family and friends are grateful to God to be awaiting his surgery instead of his funeral.

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Praying here Tom for you guys and especially Tom Jr. Praising God for His care!

3. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Praying for your son, and thanking God that it was not worse!

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

While it could have been worse, that's still not good! Praying for your son!! :praying:

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank You Jesus....

the fact that he was not alone that day. And thank you Lord that You will continue to be present throughout the surgery and recovery period, nurturing and healing this young man at a rate much quicker than initially believed.

As you prevented more serious injuries, and kept him from being alone that day, we count that all favor, and believe that favor will his on Wednesday as well as during his recovery!

Keep the faith my brother, the BB forum and you immediate loved ones and feelow church members are all standing with you in prayer!:praying:

Pastor Paul :type:

6. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Praying for a very successful outcome of his surgery.

(NOTE: I'm sending you a PM.)

7. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: that your son is recovery well for this accident.:1_grouphug:

8. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Here's the latest update, but first, thank all of you for praying for my son.

ktn4eg, who lives in the Nashville area, offered to come to Vandy Medical Center and pray with me and for T Jr, but I received his e-mail too late (no access for a while), so we didn't make connections. I thank him publicly.

Tom Jr had a difficult Wednesday night, as expected. Not much sleep for him or wife Gail. He was doing better today, and sat up beside the bed for the first time.

The surgery was a success. Everything got fixed. But, he'll not be able to put weight on the right side for six weeks. The surgeon came in this morning and spent a half-hour answering questions and preparing him mentally and emotionally for that six-week recovery.

The one encouraging thing I heard was that once he has healed, he can go back to doing anything his body will let him do. The surgeon said that because TJr rode those long bicycle routes (sometimes 50 miles or more) his muscles were strong, his overall physical condition was great, and that would facilitate recovery.

He may get to return to Paducah by the first of next week, and that's good.

Again, I'm so grateful for all the praying that took place over the past few days.

I'll try to keep you posted.

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm glad the prognosis is good and while it's going to be hard to keep him down, it sounds like all will be very well soon!! I'll be praying for a most uneventful, full recovery. :)

10. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prayers for good recovery of this very traumatic and painful injury to your son.

11. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Thank you for the update and I pray that everthing continues to progress well.

Blessings

following-Him

12. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Continued prayers! thanks so much for the update.

13. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

We rejoice with your son who has had a successful surgery!May his recovery be successful too. I am sure the waiting for the healing will be his greatest or one of his greatest challenge during his rehab and recovery!!

Thanks for keeping us all updated on his condition!