1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pray for people in Rita's path

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by TexasSky, Sep 21, 2005.

1. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Last time I knew Galveston's population was around 2000, and it was a little under 60,000 then.

Houston is in spitting distance of the Island. It's main population is 1.9 million, the metroplex population is 5.2 million.

I don't know quite how much damage they are expecting as it moves inland, but they are telling people to prepare for a category 4 or category 5 hit.

The M.D. Anderson Medical Clinic in Houston is miles wide, there is a branch of Texas A&M University at Galveston, NASA closed, there are small towns all along that area. This is the big shipping lane for Texas. UT Medical at Galveston said they have some patients too sick to leave, so they're going to ride it out. And when they talk about "flooding" in the area, they mean flooding. Houston isn't as bad as New Orleans, but the weight of the city had caused it to sink, and 30% of the county lies in a flood plain.

2. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I live in Houston and am leaving. I am going inland about 100 miles northwest, hope that helps.

3. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Good luck, Bro. Terry.

I am going to try and ride it out here in Cypress, so please keep me in your prayers.

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Please pray for my cousins, they are not sure that they will evacuate.

Please pray that they will evacuate.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Corpus Christi and all of Nueces County are now under a mandatory evacuation order - www.caller.com .