1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pray for those in Conn school shooting

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by sdcoyote, Dec 14, 2012.

1. sdcoyote

sdcoyote Member

...20 dead...many of them kids...

Jesus bring families comfort...

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's unspeakable.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I cannot imagine what these families are going through.. may God give them strength....

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Join Me...Please!

:praying:...I am asking that every church with a prayer chain, to get that chain motion, by praying for this small community and every family effected by the work of this evil representative.

It would be great if your churches would hold fasting and prayer service in conjunction with those being held in Sandy Hook, CT.:praying:

THANKS!!!​

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I am watching the news updates in tears. I cannot imagine the pain. Please pray for this town, the children so terribly affected, and especially the families of these precious babies.

7. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

I still can't watch the news. Just reading about it here is enough to keep tears flowing. My shirtsleeve is wet from trying to keep my vision clear enough to see this screen.

Sadness is enough. I don't want anger to increase to rage at the media, as it has done so many times before. Not now. Now is not the time for it as all those affected are trying to cope with their loss.

8. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

In the only way that You can, Lord, work a work of Your matchless grace and comfort in this horrible situation.

Show forth Your presence to all those who've been affected by this tragedy.

9. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a father to five, a grandfather to eight, and have never lost a child in any way, shape, or form.
    Thus I dare not say I understand or know the grief these parents are experiencing, and to say that will be the most dishonest understatement of the year.
    To kiss your child goodbye as you drop him/her off to school, or see him/her get on the school bus, and then to have to rush to that school because of incidents like this, your heart practically beating itself out of your chest, and then, oh Lord, to be asked to come to the morgue and identify the child you just kissed that morning.
    All I can say is my family's hearts and prayers go out to them all, and to the whole town of Newtown trying to make sense of all these.